MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Polyend Poly module + SEQ Sequencer (32 steps, 8 polyphonic)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Polyend Poly module + SEQ Sequencer (32 steps, 8 polyphonic)
esmeets
Awesome stuff!!! nanners

Poly 8ch midi to CV module:
https://polyend.com/poly/#seq

Ins:
MIDI DIN
USB A (5V)
USB B

Outs:
8x Gate (0-12V)
8x Pitch (0-12V, V/oct)
8x Velocity (0-12V)
8x Modulation (0-12V, selectable CC message 0-127 using DIP switch on the back panel)

External sequencer:
https://polyend.com/seq-sequencer/

• 8 tracks with 32 steps each
• 256 pattern memory
• Live sequence recording with external device via MIDI
• Step parameters: Note, Velocity, Length, Modulation, Roll
• Independent track play mode (Normal, Reversed, Pingpong, Random)
• Pattern chaining
• Track parameters: Length, Velocity, Scale, MIDI Channel, MIDI Out
• All parameter changes are automatically saved
paterursus
Thanks for posting this! The MIDI to CV looks really intriguing, and it's not a bad price for what it's offering.
pmarchitect
Only a grand eek!
beatcleaver
pmarchitect wrote:
Only a grand eek!

their site shows €489 to me
Jaypee
beatcleaver wrote:
pmarchitect wrote:
Only a grand eek!

their site shows €489 to me

489 for Poly Eurorack Module.
1 229 for the SEQ Sequencer.

sad banana

Super nice design, but way too much $$$$ for me
paterursus
pmarchitect wrote:
Only a grand eek!

Well, I was talking about the MIDI to CV converter. The sequencer is $1000.
esmeets
paterursus wrote:
Thanks for posting this! The MIDI to CV looks really intriguing, and it's not a bad price for what it's offering.

Yeah! I thought the same Rockin' Banana!
kwaidan
At $400, the CV to MIDI converter looks like a good deal, especially since it has velocity and modulation. I really didn't try to decipher how it handles note allocation. However, if it has a sort mode similar to Yarns, I will probably buy it.
spaceludes
Here is a quick rundown of the three options to handle note allocation:
https://youtu.be/K377fYRCX_A?t=2m9s
mdoudoroff
Polyend has been dropping a series of more in-depth tutorial videos on the SEQ. The first one is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k53BgFyPv8

[updated] As of this writing, there are nine. A playlist is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ajxrGywo514EYiSW_vu_MUQEwZRvM uB

I’m quite impressed with how clean and clear this design is.

I found the dimensions buried in the FAQ:

• Length: 23.6 in (60 cm)
• Width: 5.7 in (14.5 cm)
• Height: 1.7 in (4.3 cm)
• Weight: 4.6 lbs (2.1 kg)
spaceludes
Mine arrived yesterday, I'm very pleased so far.
2disbetter
I bought the poly module to help with poly duties, and have been really looking at the Seq. If they continue to embrace the MPE standard I might just have to get it, especially as it pairs perfectly with the Poly module.

2d
BTG
My seq is supposed to ship next week.
polyoptics
I got mine last Friday and had the weekend to test it out. I like this sequencer.
There are features missing that today's advanced sequencers can do, but I like the philosophy that Polyend has chosen.

I look forward to development and refinement of the software over time, I hope this is just the beginning for Seq. thumbs up

http://vimeo.com/226842019

Guinness ftw!
2disbetter
BTG wrote:

You don't use the Cirklon anymore? Everything I've read about it, always seemed to paint it as the ultimate sequencer, especially with the CV breakout box.

2d
xenosapien
Hm, almost 500€ (with shipping it´ll end up being close or even above) for the MIDI-2-cv module seems high at first glance...

Then again, it´s basically 2x qMI2´s...

This might be awesome for Octatrack users... like me... argh ^^
mdoudoroff
2disbetter wrote:

You don't use the Cirklon anymore? Everything I've read about it, always seemed to paint it as the ultimate sequencer, especially with the CV breakout box.

Process, process, process.
mdiprima
Anyone syncing the Polyend sequencer with an external clock?

I use my Analog Rytm as master clock into Polyend, but the polyend has sync issues with that. When changing patterns sometimes is misses a beat and gets out of sync.

Anyone else?
BTG
2disbetter wrote:
BTG wrote:

2d

I use both. Visualizing drum patterns is much easier on the seq.
spaceludes
mdiprima wrote:
Anyone syncing the Polyend sequencer with an external clock?

I use my Analog Rytm as master clock into Polyend, but the polyend has sync issues with that. When changing patterns sometimes is misses a beat and gets out of sync.

Anyone else?

Yes, I've synced it with a drumbrute, electribe, microkorg, and used internal clocking with no issues.
ff0
polyoptics wrote:
I got mine last Friday and had the weekend to test it out. I like this sequencer.
There are features missing that today's advanced sequencers can do, but I like the philosophy that Polyend has chosen.

Which are some of the more interesting/important features missing from the Polyend which other advanced sequencers can do?
Cheers
polyoptics
Thinking about the winter sequencer, monome, or the elektron stuff mostly. Just off the top of my head:
- The variety of sequencer types, traditional xox, vs something like monome's Kira which has its own unique and interesting way of working etc.
- Single step attributes, the whole conditional trigs thing, or just step probability... etc.
- How to interact with the sequencer, monome makes very good use of the grid as a display for visual feedback and even value entry (thinking scale selection, or voltage amount... even saves use a grid drawn shape for better visual feedback)

As I said before, I like their design philosophy a lot. You don't have millions of cryptic features that are difficult to remember between sessions -- its right there and its simple and does what it says it will do.
That said, I think polyend's SEQ is in the early stages. I know they have big plans and are working hard on it, and I look forward to more advanced set of features to come out over time. thumbs up
billyk419
someone's ears must be burning... Dead Banana

https://ask.audio/articles/polyend-releases-seq-hardware-step-sequence r-13-update
mayyammay
Poly and Seq are crazy amazing! Polyend did a wonderful job with the UX and made an incredibly intuitive product. All functions are easy to locate, access, and manipulate.

I know the price tag may be prohibitive, but I am glad I made the leap. It's so fun and wonderful to use right out of the box.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
SunSpots
I want to also chime in here and say that I got both of these in the last month and pretty much everyday have used them with much success and joy. There are some critical features listed above that I think would make the sequencer really off the charts. It's already extremely easy to use and do things that I sort of struggle to do on other sequencers that I considered to be pretty simple. I actually thought the sequencer would replace my eloquencer, but they actually played really well together. I was kind of hoping I could sell the eloquence her to make some of my money back but now... I'm thinking about keeping it. The polyend sequencer is so accessible I would even call it an inspiring instrument. With all that praise I still really think he needs to add a few more options and functions.

Clock division per step.
The electron new probability per step with " every four times" option
Visual melodic page, so we see the melody visually and design arpegg.
Maybe an alternate mode like Kria?
Pattern page needs visual feedback about what patterns have data in them
Maybe a way to take a track with cords and split the cords down into next four tracks so I can move the notes around....

Just some ideas that would add value
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8