MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Polyend Poly module + SEQ Sequencer (32 steps, 8 polyphonic)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Polyend Poly module + SEQ Sequencer (32 steps, 8 polyphonic)
sharonsr
2disbetter wrote:
Not sure what you mean. Poly's jacks output 0 to 10v.

Poly works with midi, so midi cc note 60 should always get you C4. You'll need to tune your oscillators around this.

The poly can pull its 5v needs off of the 12v rail, so you don't have to use a 5v rail. The 5v power is for the USB ports and powers anything plugged into it, and has a max draw of 500ma. Coming off the 12v rail this is I think around 200ma.

2d

Thanks for your replay ,first its a great that I don't need extra 5v rail.

Yes, midi note 60 should give me C4(or C3 depends on terminology ) ,you right .
reference picture
So if I tune the OSC properly and assuming I don't have issue with tracking on the OSC side.
will Poly be able to send value from low -hi,C1-C7 ,without the need to retune/re-position the OSC?

thank you
dhoinjo
Quote:
will Poly be able to send value from low -hi,C1-C7 ,without the need to retune/re-position the OSC?

Yes.
sharonsr
dhoinjo wrote:
Quote:

Yes.

Thank you.
bryantcheramie
Ive had the sequencer and converter for a couple weeks now, and I think both units are great, but I do have 1 issue.

My only qualm is that the sequencer doesnt seem to handle being controlled by an external keyboard very well, i feel like it is probably a software issue. If I delete steps of a sequence and try to record over the empty spots, the deleted steps still seem to be blocked from recording over. I have to turn the unit on and off to get those spaces back for recording.

I also wish recording with a keyboard would allow for steps to be instantly overwritten while in record mode without the need to delete the steps prior, but thats just a personal preference. I've got my sequencing roots from the electribes, so thats where my instincts are personally. hah.
pzoot
dhoinjo wrote:
Just got mine yesterday. It is fantastic. No manual diving because it is so simple but instant complex sequences thanks to the many outputs. Together with the Octatrack it is a dream team.

SlayerBadger!

Nice!! Have fun! It’s really a brilliant module in its simplicity plus sheer quantity of outputs. It has actually been a game changer for me (and I’m not using that lightly). Obviously pointless for people that want to be 100% in the rack. But that’s not me
Koryo
2disbetter wrote:
Not sure what you mean. Poly's jacks output 0 to 10v.

...errr, no, 0 - 12V all jacks.

Quote:
The poly can pull its 5v needs off of the 12v rail, so you don't have to use a 5v rail.

...errr, no again. mine does not function unless it has 5V.

Quote:
The 5v power is for the USB ports and powers anything plugged into it

I'm going to go with no again. There are two power indicator LEDs on the PCB that are labeled 12V_OK and 3.5V_OK. Without 5V the module does not display the power up sequence and the 3.5V_OK is unlit. I'm out on a limb here but I surmise that the buffered jacks are 12V and the micro controller it 3.5V.

Anywho, brilliant module. In "First" and "Next" modes, you get hocking for free! Tomorrow, it meets a Linninstrument.
dhoinjo
don't know about the need of 5v. Not going to try and hook up mine without hihi
But if you don't have 5v on your bus board you can always use a Doepfer A-100 5V-Adapter to transfer current from the 12v to the 5v slot.
2disbetter
Koryo wrote:

...errr, no, 0 - 12V all jacks.

I'm basing this on a discussion I had with Polyend regarding why it is thus wired instead of the more common -5v to 5v. I was told 0 - 10v.

Koryo wrote:
...errr, no again. mine does not function unless it has 5V.

You are right. It does need a 5v rail.

Koryo wrote:
I'm going to go with no again. There are two power indicator LEDs on the PCB that are labeled 12V_OK and 3.5V_OK. Without 5V the module does not display the power up sequence and the 3.5V_OK is unlit. I'm out on a limb here but I surmise that the buffered jacks are 12V and the micro controller it 3.5V.

I was talking about what the maxium current the USB ports will pull. The Poly needs the 5v rail. See my previous comment regarding the jack outputs.

2d
Koryo
...I'm on the other side! Poly is a champ!

A Linnstrument on modular is quite wacky. Having 8 unquanitized volt octave channels with 8 gates, and 16 real time cv modulations at your finger tips is a whole new thing. Daunting really. I don't know how to describe it but it's like having 8 Ribbon Controllers combined with a 200 pad Make Noise Pressure Points.

I still have a ton of setup, MIDI tweaking and integration to do (NerdSEQ, Beatstep Pro and Keystep), but it really works. I just need to figure out how to record all this MIDI... Oh hello integrated Linnstrument sequencer.

I'm going back in!
pzoot
Wow that sound amazing
dhoinjo
don't forget to post some video's when your set up is complete. Sounds interesting!
Koryo
Shame on this wiggler keeping this awesomeness to himself. Looks like a Expert Sleepers Fader Host.

This gives you an Idea of what you're in for.
dhoinjo
wow
dhoinjo
After playing around with the poly and my Octatrack for a while I can say it is mindblowing how simple yet effective this module is. What I do is pair up two midi channels per voice. That gives me 4 voices and something that comes the closest to patch recalling I've experienced in Eurorack so far! Dead Banana
Hirsbro
Question! Do Seq, when in internal clock mode transmit midi clock? Mine doesn't for what I can tell hmmm..... l have the weirdest thing going on with circadian rhythm spassing out when Seq is in USB or midi clock slave mode so was figuring that I would use Seq as master and my DAW as slave but can't get Seq to transmit midi clock seriously, i just don't get it Never the less I absolutely love Seq
nihilicious
For any of the tracks, have you set the track midi out setting to whatever your midi output port is *plus* the clock option? Ie, out1+clk, out2+clk, or usb+clk instead of just out1, out2, or usb? (hold a track button + use note knob to set)
Hirsbro
nihilicious wrote:
For any of the tracks, have you set the track midi out setting to whatever your midi output port is *plus* the clock option? Ie, out1+clk, out2+clk, or usb+clk instead of just out1, out2, or usb? (hold a track button + use note knob to set)

Thanks man I found that out but I'm having trouble getting Cubase to respond to it and that's a different story confused
nihilicious
Sorry to hear that. I don't know Cubase but I am able to clock Bitwig with my Seq, so it should be possible in theory.
Hirsbro
nihilicious wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I don't know Cubase but I am able to clock Bitwig with my Seq, so it should be possible in theory.

Apparently cubase only response to midi time code and not midi clock d'oh!
JoPo
Sorry to bring back this thread but i'd like to be sure !

The poly module needs +5v only when using it as USB midi host, right ?

Many thanks !
dhoinjo
JoPo wrote:

The poly module needs +5v only when using it as USB midi host, right ?

nope. It needs 5v or it won't work
JoPo
Ah ! Thanks a lot !
Hirsbro
Pls Pls Polyend consider the option for each track to have clock devision Pls Pls
Oh yeah and the option for pattern change only when current pattern has finished
SunSpots
Hirsbro wrote:
Pls Pls Polyend consider the option for each track to have clock devision Pls Pls
Oh yeah and the option for pattern change only when current pattern has finished

would be nice as an option at least.
Also an option to make the "pattern" button a on/off, instead of a hold. because during fast songs with lots of changes I want to use both hands to switch between patterns. As it is right now, my left hand is stuck in the pattern button and I have to play one handed. I like playing things 2 handed.... helps me with timing and structures.

It would also be cool to get some stuff like play pattern 2x/3x/4x/5x then go to pattern xxx

or probability in when it switches to the next pattern, or if a note plays, or if a note is random.

There's a lot they could add and actually they have partially empty screens they could add them to...
Gribs
I read in the manual that the Poly's gate outputs are 0-12V and not 0-5V. Do you guys have any concerns with that?

I am.looking at more MIDI-CV for the E370.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8