MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SoundCloud-like comments on audio files
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author SoundCloud-like comments on audio files
josiest
Does anyone know of a browser plugin or program that works similar to the SoundCloud music player; where you can leave comments at a specific time?

My bandmates want to be able to leave comments to help with structuring and revising the music. The Soundcloud system works great but it starts to break down when you're trying to keep the audio files private between a small group of people.

I thought about writing my own, but I looked a bit into it and it seems
beyond my capability (I'm only a novice programmer).
widdly
Thats a good idea for working on tunes in a band.

Maybe youtube would work. it has time tagged comments and private uploads. It doesn't have the little floating avatar on the waveform though.

I'd got with security through obscrurity. It is hard enough to get people to listen to your soundcloud when you want them too. If you put it on soundcloud and tell no one...no one will listen to it.
JohnLRice
widdly wrote:
If you put it on soundcloud and tell no one...no one will listen to it.
True, although you may get an occasional message from some 'nice' person who says they are interested in connecting with you for 'romance'? meh hihi
josiest
yeah the band lead made a soundcloud for the band and got two "followers" within minutes...
josiest
The only thing is, at least three of us have our own music on our own accounts, so when we post a comment on the sounds it posts to our feed, then all of our friends and acquaintance get to see our really rough drafts.
JohnLRice
Yeah. I agree with widdly, give YouTube a try and just mark them as Private and share only with band member. (if you mark them as Unlisted people can still somehow find and view the videos)
josiest
Thank you both! I didn't know about that feature on youtube!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1