MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTU w/ Silent Way & audio inputs via ADAT woes...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author MOTU w/ Silent Way & audio inputs via ADAT woes...
Leverkusen
After managing to get my silent way working from Logic with the MOTU 828 mk2 I ran into the following problem:

I have the MOTU connected via two ADAT cables to a Focusrite LS 56 as an expander. Now I don't find a way to route the audio input of the MOTU to its ADAT outputs while simultaneously routing the ADAT input with the silent way CV to its audio outputs.

I am using the MOTU cue mix for this which has four busses to route a mix of inputs one stereo output (ADAT or physical pairs) so when I route 8 ADAT inputs to 8 physical outputs by using those four busses with just two hard panned inputs each it seems that I cannot route 8 physical inputs to 8 ADTA outputs anymore cause there are no busses left.

Is it just that it is not possible to use the MOTU as an A/D and D/A converter at the same time via ADAT or has anyone found a solution for this that I just do not see?

seriously, i just don't get it
os
This sounds like a question for MOTU tech support.
DJMaytag
One of the first steps I found to get things close to working was a full reset of all settings. I think there was a gain/output setting that wasn't right when my (used) 828mk2 arrived, and a factory reset helped.
thewizmusic
I believe its a software limitation for cuemix for the mk2. I don't remember the MK3 because I stopped using cuemix and just routed audio in ableton. My brother had the mk2 and it was extremely limited. The new motu's have the matrix router which allow you to route anything anywhere that is if you have options. You could also try a daw but not sure you are wanting to do that.
Leverkusen
thewizmusic wrote:
I believe its a software limitation for cuemix for the mk2. I don't remember the MK3 because I stopped using cuemix and just routed audio in ableton. My brother had the mk2 and it was extremely limited. The new motu's have the matrix router which allow you to route anything anywhere that is if you have options. You could also try a daw but not sure you are wanting to do that.

Well, thank you! I never tried to get it work without the cuemix cause I had not thought it would be possible but I will look into it now again - I did not use the audio inputs by now because of it.
tbecker
One possible solution would be to use a DAW for routing if the MOTU mixer doesn't provide enough buses. I use RME FF which has two adat in and two out, all of which have seperate output buses and so am not familiar with the limitations you may have with your specific interface.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1