MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NONO Modular Eurorack Cases... Good price, very portable
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author NONO Modular Eurorack Cases... Good price, very portable
poorness
First of all, I'm sorry if there's already a thread for this. I searched and didn't find anything.

I just came across NONO Modular Eurorack cases on Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99139237/nono-modular-space-case- series-foldable-eurorack-c

These look like great cases for a decent price. They have 3x84hp, 2x84hp, and 1x60hp designs. I went ahead and made a pledge. I thought I'd share with other forum members because I know everyone is always looking for a portable yet functional Eurorack case.

These look really good and I love to see small companies getting started in Eurorack. thumbs up
uebl
Wow, these look great! Great to see more and more options for "affordable" yet portable cases popping up.
poorness
Yeah! I contributed about $800. I hope some other folks do as well. I love to see these small companies popping up in the Eurorack world. The 1x60hp case is actually pretty reasonable. I'd imagine they'd sell a bunch of those.
Dragonaut
Was going to pledge but they only have a couple weeks left and we're pretty far from meeting their goal.
uebl
I wonder why they don't offer the 3x84hp with the (4hp) Arrel Audio ER-160 instead of the Arrel Audio (10hp) ER-150, though..
uebl
Ah, I think I've understood now. They need the RJ45 to bring the power to the "skiff part" of this case.
Dogma
5kg unloaded for the Landr? Great overall package though
akrylik
Dragonaut wrote:
Was going to pledge but they only have a couple weeks left and we're pretty far from meeting their goal.

Not sure I understand your logic. lol Their kickstarter campaign started 3 days ago.
dash80
These look great.

Only downside I see is the smaller size and that power supply taking up an extra 10hp on the Lander 3.84. That's valuable space when you only have 3 x 84hp.
uebl
dash80 wrote:
These look great.

Only downside I see is the smaller size and that power supply taking up an extra 10hp on the Lander 3.84. That's valuable space when you only have 3 x 84hp.

My thoughts exactly. But with their design/case layout it's either this or 2x <some 4hp power entry> (one for the upper 2 rows, 1 for the lower 1 row), so it's really only 2hp more (of course, a completely integrated power like the one in mdlr:case cases is 0hp).
poorness
Dragonaut wrote:

I'm not following that logic. As akrylik pointed out above, the campaign just started and they've made a significant amount of progress. Besides, if they're far from their goal and you like the product... I'd think you'd want to help them succeed.

Additionally, this is an "all or nothing" campaign, so if they don't meet the goal... you get your pledge back (well technically, your card doesn't even get charged until they meet the goal, so you don't get it back... you just never pay).

Anyway... what's the risk? seriously, i just don't get it
dudeman
like the look of these!! i might just pledge some $!
ccastellanossf
Looks nice but for about the same price you can get a 4x84hp case from Trogotronic with more current (10 amps or optionally 20) without the need for a power module that takes up valuable space on your rack. If you have or plan on getting any tube gear (e.g. Metasonix) this thing is a no go, unless you want to spend more money on a separate power module for the tube module(s) (which would take up even more rack space!).
Dragonaut
My bad, never pledged before. I thought there were no guarantees.
poorness
ccastellanossf wrote:
Looks nice but for about the same price you can get a 4x84hp case from Trogotronic with more current (10 amps or optionally 20) without the need for a power module that takes up valuable space on your rack.

Obviously that's true, but those cases are not ergonomic/clean at all. I saw one at Knobcon last year and realized I would never want one. The modules sit out a couple inches from the rack, the wires are all exposed on the back and (while its easy to work on) it's a major eyesore. I can't imagine using one in a live setup. The NONO cases look very ergonomic and finished. I'll agree about the 10hp power solution. That's a bummer... but its easy to swap out power after the fact... difficult to make a case more ergonomic.

ccastellanossf wrote:
If you have or plan on getting any tube gear (e.g. Metasonix) this thing is a no go, unless you want to spend more money on a separate power module for the tube module(s) (which would take up even more rack space!).

That is a solid point. this one wouldn't jive for guys with a lot of Metaxonix or Erica Fusion gear. I'm not in that club, so I didn't even think of that. Again though, it's easy to modify the power after the fact if you like the ergonomics.

When it comes down to it, there's no one case/power solution for everyone. Each wiggler has a different idea of the "ideal" case. Thus... many small companies are making cases and power modules... some on Kickstarter. wink
uebl
Am I allowed to ask what you pledged for, poorness?
poorness
uebl wrote:
Am I allowed to ask what you pledged for, poorness?

Do you mean how much? I pledged one of the 3.84 Lander cases. It's €660, about $745.
PepèNONO
Hello guys, i'm Pepè from NONO MODULAR!
if you want info ask me as well!
I've added images, schematics and videos in the campaign to better understand the products.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99139237/nono-modular-space-case- series-foldable-eurorack-c?ref=user_menu

About the power discussion I think 6.5A is not a few for 3 84hp ROWs, but anyway I like the points of view of users, if you have other tips, criticisms or requests I am happy to discuss!
Thank you
blinosynth
guys what about offering 120hp 104hp solutions?
would make it really cool
Acquadar
Yeah, 104 x 2. C'mon...
poorness
Well, they're requesting crowdfunding to become a company. Obviously, they can't have a full blown product line before they even have funding. They're starting with 3 products, which is pretty cool as most companies only start with 1 or 2 products. Who knows why they chose 84 and 60 HP. Probably because they could get the price they wanted on pre-cut rails or some other similar reason. Starting a company is a lot of work. If it takes off, I'm guessing they'll add more case options (104/120/etc) later.
PepèNONO
Do you talk about 104/120hp orbiter? ...The two ROWS?
I think I can propose orbiter 104hp, but the rails cost me a lot more, I think because they are custom products for the company that provides them.
Poorness, you understand the situation perfectly!
Acquadar
Yes, 104 6U Orbiter, without power. Cool...
Wiresandones
Also interested in 104 hp rows
Understandable you are starting somewhere and they look great though.
PepèNONO
ok! I added 10 ORBITERS 104hp!

5 with power and 5 without power.
290€ without power
440€ with power
I just added the extra price of the 104hp rails[/quote]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6