MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone tried the VST3 of Silent Way in Reason 9.5 yet?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Anyone tried the VST3 of Silent Way in Reason 9.5 yet?
DJMaytag
Just curious how it's working out, specifically if the patchable I/O is allowing anyone to use their ES-5 & ESX modules with an ES-3?

I dropped to upgrade from Cubase Artist 8 to Cubase Pro 8, to get 5.1 mixing for my ES-40, and then another into the upgrade to Pro 9.5, which supposedly had better routing for plugin I/O (still not helping me use my ES-5 & ESX modules.
miminashi
Do the sidechain inputs for the ESX combiner plugins show up in Cubase 9.5?
DJMaytag

Looks like the VST2 works well enough in Reason 9.5! If everything in here works the way it should, I may just switch to Reason as my primary writing environment (probably will export stems to Cubase and do mixdowns there though).
the tone ranger
Just for clarification, the ES-40 is working with the Silent Way plugins in Reason 9.5?
DJMaytag
the tone ranger wrote:
Just for clarification, the ES-40 is working with the Silent Way plugins in Reason 9.5?

I do not currently own an ES-40, but the problem I had with the ES-40 wasn't that unit itself, but using the combiner/controller plugin to utilize more than just one ESX module.

The problem I had with routing in Cubase & my current configuration (ES-3/5/8GT) is nearly identical to the problem I had with an ES-40 and ESX-8CV & ESX-8GT. I'm 100% positive that I'd have no issue setting up the routing for an ES-4 or 40 with the various expanders.

HOWEVER, VST's cannot currently pass MIDI in Reason 9.5, so as of right now, the ESX-8MD might not work as a MIDI out option. Since it uses an audio stream to achieve sample-accuracy, I could be quite wrong about this. I don't have an 8MD to verify either way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1