MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EMS Synths?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author EMS Synths?
TemplarK
Are they still in production??I just came across their website and it has prices
for them but it looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998

pls tell me they are still up and running???
bwhittington
Yes. VCS3's are still available.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7558
leeski
the oldes are goodies when you can find them. good luck
ix
TemplarK wrote:
Are they still in production??I just came across their website and it has prices
for them but it looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998

pls tell me they are still up and running???


yeah still in production by robin and one other guy i think ( at the time i dealt with Robin around 1.5 years back ) , the sites never updated as it just doesn't seem Robins way ) building vcs3 only and i think also some dk keyboards now , the prices are old on the site i think , its around £5500 uk i think now and did go up over time on and off with inflation and could be more now.

Best way to contact Ems is phone i found and then email , there is a waiting list but its one that seems to go quick as many get on the list over the years and then when they get the golden email saying ' we are preparing to build yours ? ' people changed there mind or cash just is not there and so it folded down quite quick the waiting list for Vcs3 anyway .
mrfang
ix wrote:
there is a waiting list but its one that seems to go quick as many get on the list over the years and then when they get the golden email saying ' we are preparing to build yours ? ' people changed there mind or cash just is not there and so it folded down quite quick the waiting list for Vcs3 anyway .


No, the wait is still potentially 7-10 years for a VCS3.

Also, it would appear that the final run of Synthi A units begun in 2010 (limited to ~40 by the supply of cases) is still not completed.
seditionary
I've been on the waiting list for about 4 years or so and I'm still a ways down the list. Robin wrote me that all the Synthi A's were gone. All the cases have sold. A VCS3 will be cool though -- patiently waiting smile
seditionary
Have any of you all played with a Synthi E?
papz
I have a Synthi E.
It has nothing in common with the Synthi A apart the brand and suitcase.
Not to mention the speculation of course.

It's a very basic and limited synth... not bad but formerly meant to be cheap hihi
mrfang
According to an email from Robin this morning, there are still four Synthi cases left in the run, and then he'll be able to build for stragglers like me who joined the list before it closed (five years ago) and supplied our own cases.
seditionary
mrfang wrote:
According to an email from Robin this morning, there are still four Synthi cases left in the run, and then he'll be able to build for stragglers like me who joined the list before it closed (five years ago) and supplied our own cases.


Cool! Did you build your case and send in? Or how did you find a Synthi A keyboard-case?
mrfang
seditionary wrote:
mrfang wrote:
According to an email from Robin this morning, there are still four Synthi cases left in the run, and then he'll be able to build for stragglers like me who joined the list before it closed (five years ago) and supplied our own cases.


Cool! Did you build your case and send in? Or how did you find a Synthi A keyboard-case?


There was an empty Spartanite case for sale on eBay. No other options these days.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group