MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Push 2: Aalto custom mapping
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Push 2: Aalto custom mapping
Moon Indigo
Hi all. I love Aalto, and have Push 2. I would like to create custom mapping for Aalto so I can trigger as much of Aalto as I can from the Push 2.

For example I would like a page within push 2 fir the envelope controls (ie mapped to ableton's rotaries), and a page for the other modules. Obviously I won't be able to map the patching side of things, but I think it is possible to get quite a useful mapping going.

I imagine this isn't hard, but am not really sure where to start. Any suggestions are welcome.
x2mirko
It's pretty easy: Load Aalto into a track and click on the small arrow next to the on/off-button of the device. It will "open up" the device and show you the parameters you configured so far (currently probably none). Notice that there's now a new button called "configure". If you click that button, it turns green and shows an additional info-message in the parameter-section of the device.

In this mode, you can now turn knobs and faders in the vst and they will show up as parameters on the device (shown as faders). As long as you're in this mode, you can also reorder the parameters as you like (drag & drop) or delete them (press delete-key while a parameter is selected). Push will show the devices parameters in the order in which they appear on the device. Once a page is filled with parameters, push will display the next parameters on the next page automatically. When you're done, just exit the configure-mode.

Once you're happy with your device-configuration, make sure to save it by right-clicking on the title-bar of the device and choosing "save as default configuration". Then the device will load this configuration every time and you don't have to do the mapping over and over again.
thetechnobear
PrEditor is what you are looking for
Moon Indigo
x2mirko wrote:
It's pretty easy: Load Aalto into a track and click on the small arrow next to the on/off-button of the device. It will "open up" the device and show you the parameters you configured so far (currently probably none). Notice that there's now a new button called "configure". If you click that button, it turns green and shows an additional info-message in the parameter-section of the device.

In this mode, you can now turn knobs and faders in the vst and they will show up as parameters on the device (shown as faders). As long as you're in this mode, you can also reorder the parameters as you like (drag & drop) or delete them (press delete-key while a parameter is selected). Push will show the devices parameters in the order in which they appear on the device. Once a page is filled with parameters, push will display the next parameters on the next page automatically. When you're done, just exit the configure-mode.

Once you're happy with your device-configuration, make sure to save it by right-clicking on the title-bar of the device and choosing "save as default configuration". Then the device will load this configuration every time and you don't have to do the mapping over and over again.


Thanks!

I have now got this far. I would like to be able to name "banks," (i.e. bank 2 = envelope 1), and include spacers, so that I don't have to fill up all 8 spaces in each bank.
Moon Indigo
thetechnobear wrote:
PrEditor is what you are looking for


Holy cr*p I thgink you are right!

https://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/
Moon Indigo
Moon Indigo wrote:
thetechnobear wrote:
PrEditor is what you are looking for


Holy cr*p I thgink you are right!

https://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/



I think you have cost me money. Live + Aalto + PReditor + BCR2000 = potential killer device.
Moon Indigo
Update: I have found a BCR2000 second hand. I have already downloaded a blank template and am planning a layout for custom controlling Aalto smile Exciting times.
JustGlyphs
Some company should make a BCR3000 or some modern iteration of a super knobby interface. Bastl makes 60 knobs but it doesn't have LED feedback and is a little too small.
hermbot
JustGlyphs wrote:
Some company should make a BCR3000 or some modern iteration of a super knobby interface. Bastl makes 60 knobs but it doesn't have LED feedback and is a little too small.


The MIDI Fighter Twister, maybe?

https://store.djtechtools.com/products/midi-fighter-twister
Exiannyc
If you have a Novation Ultranova, it makes a great controller (8 knobs, LED text labels for each knob, as many pages of knobs as you want). I built custom maps for Aalto, Kaivo and Virta, available here https://global.novationmusic.com/community/libraries/legacy-synth-mapp ings
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group