MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Loquelic Iteritas Percido vs Loquelic Iteritas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Loquelic Iteritas Percido vs Loquelic Iteritas
Aaronautical001
The new version of Loquelic iteratas, available mid-2017.

I purchased my first NE module recently (BIA), and was something wonderful

Does anyone who owns the LI want to comment on how the percido differs to the LI - seems to be mainly about integrated envelopes, and how they plan on using it?

I'm looking for a module to compliment drum sounds of the BIA, is this worth waiting for this over just getting the LI?

Feel free to direct me to a thread where this is already being discussed, nothing came up in search though hmmm.....
Heaven
I don't think anyone owns it yet since it's not out yet. I'm also very interested in that bad lad.
Hopefully we'll hear more about it soon. I was thinking either getting a second BIA to sit beside my one, or wait until Percido comes out.

Don't want to be the one who is trying to chase the latest and the greatest but I have been interested in that module for a while now.
mdoudoroff
Not much info yet beyond these sorts of video demos is currently available, but it looks like an LI with a variety of internal modulation options (envelopes) so that you can trigger it like a drum module and produce all sorts of sounds with massive modulation opportunities. The way Stephen talks about it, it sounds like the sonic palette is exactly the same as the LI, although the built in modulation may expose some surprising stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv63ycL8Moo

https://youtu.be/lqVj3fslsl8?t=2m45s
pitri
I love my LI and tried out the LIP - I really didnt like it. I can't put my finger on it, but the layout totally confused me (especially when you think in LIs layout) plus it almost has too many controls now. I bet its powerful if you get the hang of it though, and if you normally use your LI as a per source.
mdoudoroff
pitri wrote:
I love my LI and tried out the LIP - I really didnt like it. I can't put my finger on it, but the layout totally confused me (especially when you think in LIs layout) plus it almost has too many controls now. I bet its powerful if you get the hang of it though, and if you normally use your LI as a per source.

Was there any way to open the LIP up and have it drone like a regular LI?
MossGarden
mdoudoroff wrote:
pitri wrote:

Was there any way to open the LIP up and have it drone like a regular LI?

I want to know this question too, I'd love it if it could be a stand alone LI when you dont need perc.
mdoudoroff
I asked NE on Facebook and they said this:

“there is a mode that will remove the "VCA" from the output but you can still trigger it for tone changes. If you don't trigger it than it works mostly like the original LI.”
Aaronautical001
That's exciting news, and something I was keen to understand as well, thanks for posting their response.

I guess all will become clear in the next few weeks; manufacture seems to be coming along.

Very eagerly waiting for this.
Tumulishroomaroom
I have both the Loquelic and the Basimilus, I'm not too interested yet in the Percido, but it's probably going to be bonkers. Worth it if you're hesitating between BIA and LIA probably !
neonmercury1
i think the thing that is exciting about the LIP is the added CV over algorythms like the BIA but add the individual sync inputs and much more.

i just bought the LI and am excited to wiggle this new iteration nanners
mdoudoroff
Yeah, so far, it looks like the LIP is a significant elaboration on the original LI, even if you’re not planning to use it for percussion.

Looks to me like you set that MODE switch to FREE and you’ve got a souped up LI, with not just some additional CV inputs, but that envelope is still accessible to modulate parameters. Flip the mode to LOOP or TRIG and you’ve got a standalone voice. CV control over MODE means… well, we’ll have to see what it’s like to sequence that!

Beyond price and size, I’m looking for the fly-in-the-soup, but haven’t spotted it yet. I never took the plunge on the LI and could use another killer percussion unit alongside my BI, so I’m quite excited by this monster.
Dogma
So this isn't far off then? I'm having NE buyers confusion as I want them all smile i crazily passed on my l1 mki and BI MKI waiting to replace them but of course other shiny (cwejman) things keep sucking me dry but I miss all the NE modules I've had so perco here is totally perfect for me.....
I'd love a whole row of Stevens modules
mdoudoroff
Dogma wrote:
So this isn't far off then?

My impression is the LIP is in manufacturing right now with delivery expected later this month or in August.
richardisabelle
The answer to "Loquelic Iteritas Percido vs Loquelic Iteritas" is both, of course. I freed up the 20hp and now I wait...
cheliosheart
Just noticed the manual is up for LIP.

https://www.noiseengineering.us/loquelic-iteritas-percido

The envelope knobs are attenuverters - awesome!

Also, glad to see the power draw is the same as other NE modules. thumbs up
ignatius
cheliosheart wrote:
Just noticed the manual is up for LIP.

https://www.noiseengineering.us/loquelic-iteritas-percido

The envelope knobs are attenuverters - awesome!

Also, glad to see the power draw is the same as other NE modules. thumbs up

wow. so much control. can't wait to hear what people do w/it
Aaronautical001
Do any Uk retailer know when they will be stocking yet? Mattech? Can't wait to see some more demos; not much longer now hyper
chrisso
Yes, I'm anxious to pre-order one (UK)
thetaflux
I just watched a demo video of the LIP from the official Noise Engineering youtube channel, that they just mysteriously took down... But anyway, holy shit. What an incredible module. CV control to switch between algorithms, its own envelope... just take my money applause

The LIP is exactly like the regular LI, but with more features and more HP. If i could only pick one, I'd go with the LIP.
richardisabelle
chrisso wrote:
Yes, I'm anxious to pre-order one (UK)

Alternately, if anyone sees a preorder in the US, please report back.
mdoudoroff
The demo video is back up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VYjM_3ZCXVg
Aaronautical001
Just awesome.
Don't have the LI, this will do very nicely.
thumbs up
richardisabelle
Aaronautical001 wrote:
Just awesome.
Don't have the LI, this will do very nicely.
thumbs up

I was considering picking up a 2nd LI, so this is just perfect.
Funky40
the video is PERFECT to make you sleep with its slow coming trigger,
.........until 4:12

then Wow!

i want a LIP and a DT to have sex and i watch hihi
Aaronautical001
Pre-ordered at Mattech. I'm assuming that US retailers also have the pre-orders open now. Launches 11th August. SlayerBadger!

And my, haven't NE been busy? 6 additional new modules! woah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3