MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wired Signals Tape Release
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Wired Signals Tape Release
noizehack
[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=376033372 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=ffffff tracklist=false]

My first tape just came out, 2 long noisy techno tracks. I've been getting away from modular lately, so this is done on a completely new setup with an octatrack as sequencer with some short wave radios and a few desktop synths as well as a lot of effects.
regulator284
Cool stuff! What kind of shortwave do you use? I recently got one, nothing too fantastic, just a cheap battery-powered pocket thing, and I've been messing around with it a bit. Do you just record the samples from the synths and the radios into the octatrack and work from there?
msmithsp
Nice. Really like some of the distorted/overdriven signals, great tone. I guess that's what you get when you make your own.
noizehack
thanks, glad you guys liked it.

I have two shortwaves, one old phillips battery powered one my friend gave me and a newer one called the pl-660 which has way more features and you can get new for like $150 I think. It has single side band which lets you get weird sounds by adjusting the beat frequency oscillator incorrectly.

I didn't use any samples, I used the octatrack as a midi sequencer to sequence the synths and then I run the shortwaves into the inputs of the octatrack and you can use it as an envelope generator and vca without recording samples, just passing the sound through in realtime. It also has some good sounding built in effects that you can process the input audio with.
msmithsp
Oh cool, thanks for sharing your process. Really helps a beginner to get ideas.
MindMachine
msmithsp wrote:
Oh cool, thanks for sharing your process. Really helps a beginner to get ideas.

Amen. That is a very creative workflow. Nice sounds. Very cool.
langley
Your album is wonderful - thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1