MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Raymond Scott Artifacts from the Archives
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Raymond Scott Artifacts from the Archives
Repeater
http://www.raymondscott.net/artifacts/

Pretty huge deal. 349 pages collected from Raymond's Scott's estate and available as a free PDF. I've only started skimming myself, but there is some amazing stuff in here.
unrecordings
Wow thanks for the heads up !
kingmaxwell
This is phenomenal. That letter about inventing the sequencer? Thanks for the link.
thresholdpeople
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the pdfs? Both the hi and lo res are giving me errors.

Thanks for sharing can't wait to check this out!
ModusOp
Jackpot!! Thanks for sharing!! w00t
MindMachine
thumbs up Thanks.
thresholdpeople
Got it to work on firefox. Awesome!
kingmaxwell
How about the Jim Henson photos in '67 of Scott lounging in his magic studio! Walls of records, custom-created electronics, ashtrays and a semi-contented Scott in his velour jumper!

Or the description of the "Participator" the first page of which could come from an esoteric module-maker in 2017. I might make an electric baby rattle.

This thing is really a free source book and it's amazing. I love the patent forms and the notes on inventing instrument/sound machines. I appreciate the careful source work and the chronological organization.

Has anyone seen the documentary (Deconstructing Dad?) Thinking about ordering a copy.
wiggy81
What a great thing to do, usually these types of books have a very small circulation due to high cost. Would imagine that many more people are now going to get to find out about the man and his work this way than if the project had been some cash grab.

Very nice professional document also. A lot of time must have gone into its creation. we're not worthy I knew he had made music for baby but I didn't realise he had had such a prolific output. The guy sure packed a lot into his life! woah
notmiserlouagain
@repeater Guinness ftw!

kingmaxwell wrote:
Has anyone seen the documentary (Deconstructing Dad?) Thinking about ordering a copy.

Not too much about his electronic music/instruments, more about the person, not a great documentary, but ok...
jensenluxvid
Great find. Thanks!
timoka
oh that's amazing!! thanks for mentioning.
the technical notes are especially interesting!
schwittersplayspop
This is now out:

http://www.raymondscott.net/three-willow-park/

Amazing that there are more of his experiments out there! Looks essential.
leeski
wow this is great thanks
Musicology of Dreams
Enjoy it ! Nice surprise today.
Thanks for very interesting documents and music links This is fun!
a100user
Thank you, that is a fascinating document, looking forward to reading in depth
JakoGreyshire
Just found Three Willow Park at my local library..... Which led me here....

Also the interview with Bob Moog is great:
https://www.raymondscott.net/features/bob-moog/
tron23
a100user wrote:
Thank you, that is a fascinating document, looking forward to reading in depth

Same feelings, Repeater thanks so much for sharing.

Somewhat irrelevant but when I listened to Lightworks for the first time i felt like hearing modern music encapsulated in a 2 minute song. I guess this also had something to do with his sequencers?
What a legend.

Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1