MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SHmk2 firmware 1.9 coming soon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author SHmk2 firmware 1.9 coming soon
mt3
From a Facesbook of Death post.

He's asking whether SHmk2 (ab)users use the external voltage record option and whether it should be replaced with some other functionality.

An example patch is here:

A discussion of the patch is here (at 36:29):

monads
Hoping v1.9 fixes the "note editing while sequence is running" = locking the display on the actively edited value for a few seconds. Wondering if this could also be applied to other Page Select items i.e. Gate, Speed, etc.
jasev
mt3 wrote:
From a Facesbook of Death post.

He's asking whether SHmk2 (ab)users use the external voltage record option and whether it should be replaced with some other functionality.

Be interesting to know what the other functionality is/are. To be fair i've not got round to learning the voltage record on the Hammer yet but in my head its a handy feature.
wireangel
Also haven't really used this feature and agree that its hard to answer without having some idea of what the alternatives are.

Would like to see some options on the EOC behavior for the CVA and B inputs rather than just clamping. Having access to some probability programming would be very attractive.

Maybe there is a way to extend the CVA and B input behaviors to have an option where the level sets random amount applied to the current stored voltage rather than controlling the gain of the input voltage.
governor blacksnake
In order to solve the 1.8 synchronization issue when reloading preset during external clock, I'm rewriting the preset storage scheme entirely for v1.9. This would also make it possible to use that jack to change sequences by CV.

Some other fun features will be thrown in - such as leaving the last edited slider visible for a few seconds, a "subtle change" randomization command, and possibly a parameter page for programming gate probability per step.
monads
governor blacksnake wrote:
In order to solve the 1.8 synchronization issue when reloading preset during external clock, I'm rewriting the preset storage scheme entirely for v1.9. This would also make it possible to use that jack to change sequences by CV.

Some other fun features will be thrown in - such as leaving the last edited slider visible for a few seconds, a "subtle change" randomization command, and possibly a parameter page for programming gate probability per step.

This is awesome! SlayerBadger!
mt3

The Harvestman
Rockin' Banana!
wireangel
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
VDU
+1 for Gate probability!
jasev

Fantastic
kanhvass
Oooo yesss
rustyjaw
Oh man, sequence over CV change would be amazing, and probability per step would ALSO be amazing!
Baddcr
I like the record featue, but in all honesty I have the ER-101/102 combo for that!

So, a huge plus one from me for the proposed updates - cv change over patterns and probability would be lovely!

Good luck with the build smile
tebs213
VDU wrote:
+1 for Gate probability!

+10000
sackley
Gate probability would be pretty awesome. I use the CV ins to approximate this currently.

I do like using the CV B record parameter as a pseudo quantizer occasionally. I used the linked videos as a rough guide and think I got it working. Was fun when using the gate out from the LS1 into the record gate input.

I think CV control of CV output voltage range would be fun. Kind of like a precision adder, correct? I like mashing those button...

A better interface for BPM adjustment is greatly needed. I was thinking about this - maybe press and hold the encoder to display the BPM (as with the current revision), and while depressed you can use the main Tempo knob to set the BPM rounded to whole numbers. Turning the encoder while pressed would change in increments of 0.1 BPM for fine tuning.

Also, thank you for pushing forward with these updates Gov. Your work (across the board) is appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed.

we're not worthy The Harvestman
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1