MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bastl Dude!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Bastl Dude!
Idk Probly
I think I need it. No frills, no extras, just a perfect solution for the portable, battery powered set toting Volcas, trons, OPs, POs etc. Was very underwhelmed by the Trinity drum but I love my Kastle. I figure if I pay now I should get my Dude in a fee months....
chrisdermo
My dude arrived yesterday - really surprised at how nice this thing sounds! Ok the pots ARE scratchy....... kinda annoying, but the filth this thing can produce is outstanding. It really beefs up my multicassa. Really easy to tune the feedback between squarewaves annihilation and right on the edge hefty goodness. Rockin' Banana!
PISS.EXE
I emailed them a few months ago and asked if they'd ever make one with 1/4" plugs. They said definitely no, so i am waiting to have enough 1/8" stuff to make use of one. Then again if it's got scratchy pots out of the box, that isn't so appealing sounding.
Lento_Zoom
That is odd about the scratchy pots. I’ve only had mine for a few days, but haven’t had any problems. I’ve been using it as a supplement to my small eurorack and it has been kicking ass. The mute buttons are so much more useful than I thought they would be. So far I’ve only used to gang stuff into effects modules. The extra gain is great too for some of my sound sources that normally end up buried in the mix.

I played with feeding it back a little bit, it was cool but I could explore more. I spent a month on the fence and am glad I too the plunge. Super handy for eurorack. Gives you more room for sexy stuff. I could see getting a second one someday...
chrisdermo
I take back what I said about scratchy pots - I used again last night and they were clean as whistle.
Maybe it's was grounding issue as I was feeding it into another battery powered mixer with ridiculously high gains - pots were creating scratch sounds and the mute buttons were giving big clicks. Fine with headphones straight out from the output last night though so..... yeah.

I'm in love with this it's given a lot of my gear a second life. Rockin' Banana!
polyot
Apologies bumping an semi-old thread.

I see this is also available as a kit. I was on Bastl's site trying to see what the cost would be, but the Buy Now button on the Dude DIY page is not a link.

Anyone know what the price point is on the DIY kit? Maybe I'm not digging in the site deep enough. I believe Thonk is going to be stocking the kits soon. Ive been looking for an external mixer to free up some room for other modules in my portable case.
citizensmurf
polyot wrote:
Apologies bumping an semi-old thread.

I see this is also available as a kit. I was on Bastl's site trying to see what the cost would be, but the Buy Now button on the Dude DIY page is not a link.

Anyone know what the price point is on the DIY kit? Maybe I'm not digging in the site deep enough. I believe Thonk is going to be stocking the kits soon. Ive been looking for an external mixer to free up some room for other modules in my portable case.

I would email Bastl, as I see the page you're referring to, but they haven't added it for sale yet. The assembly guide seems ready to go, so clearly they are planning to sell it soon. I'm still waiting for the 60knobs to get back in stock.
medium Rob
would be ace if it had 1/4" jacks, of course it'd have to be larger.. anybody know of a similar live/performance mixer with quarter-inch sockets?
The Grump
How does the feedback sound on this thing, and how is it in terms of coloration when one adds gain? I'm getting one anyway, but I was just hoping to get a little heads-up for things to be aware of.
The Grump
Follow up: LOVING IT!! Even love the paper it came wrapped in.
musicinnoise
Has anyone seen the Bastl Dude in stock anywhere or know when it might be available again?
musicinnoise
It seems Elevatorsound.com still has some:

https://elevatorsound.com/product/bastl-dude/
jessem
I think there is some new stock, in a black case. I setup an alert on noise kitchen and ordered one last week. It arrives tomorrow nanners
Licudi
musicinnoise wrote:
It seems Elevatorsound.com still has some:

https://elevatorsound.com/product/bastl-dude/

it's new stock. Elevator says it's a V2 but the only obvious difference is the black case.
kinkujin
Thanks for this ... was waiting for Perfect Circuit but they've been out for awhile.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1