MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-bit Pulsar could be fun
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Qu-bit Pulsar could be fun
Paranormal Patroler
anosou wrote:
The first demo video just surfaced: https://twitter.com/qubitelectronix/status/879083465945169920

Just demos single channel bursts. Looks smart so far, and gravity is a nifty control.

Thanks for the video, I think it's easy to grasp what it does based on that. Now we need to figure out the Mode button.
ben_hex
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
anosou wrote:
The first demo video just surfaced: https://twitter.com/qubitelectronix/status/879083465945169920

Just demos single channel bursts. Looks smart so far, and gravity is a nifty control.

Thanks for the video, I think it's easy to grasp what it does based on that. Now we need to figure out the Mode button.

Mode button is euclidean, random, binary or fractal modes mentioned at the launch right? hmmm.....
cane creek
anosou wrote:

That video reminded me of the Audio Damage Replicant software plugin.
loydb
I'm interested in the module.

Ben, I say this with love, but you just basically made a video of you reading a web page out loud... applause

In this case, I think you would have been better served talking about the history (burst generator in Nanorand), and coming up with three good examples of how a burst generator can be useful (not to demo, just to talk about).
ben_hex
loydb wrote:
Ben, I say this with love, but you just basically made a video of you reading a web page out loud... applause

In this case, I think you would have been better served talking about the history (burst generator in Nanorand), and coming up with three good examples of how a burst generator can be useful (not to demo, just to talk about).

I'm nothing if not open to criticism and feedback. It's been how everything I've every done has grown and progressed so I appreciate the honesty. The video I really don't think was for the Muff Wiggler crowd at all. Silly for me to post it here. It is me reading information I was sent with a sentence or two added on my part. The odd bit I guess is the views were fairly good and quick and the "YouTube crowd" shall I say seem to like it. Short news thing gives them something and that's it in a minute or two. Maybe casually flicking through YouTube grabs more attention than forums / web pages for some. Well it does that's fairly obvious as most content is quick and non-digested online.

You're right about some added history and patch idea or two it would make it much better for everyone as those that do pay more attention and already no about can grab a quick fact or idea maybe. That also touches on a series of videos I've been thinking about for a while and might not get round to.

Moving forward with these I'll do a couple more with a bit more history and some personal patch ideas thrown in and see how they go.

Thanks again!

and on topic for this module ... it's shaping up to look great! w00t
Hirsbro
ben_hex wrote:
loydb wrote:

I'm nothing if not open to criticism and feedback. It's been how everything I've every done has grown and progressed so I appreciate the honesty. The video I really don't think was for the Muff Wiggler crowd at all. Silly for me to post it here. It is me reading information I was sent with a sentence or two added on my part. The odd bit I guess is the views were fairly good and quick and the "YouTube crowd" shall I say seem to like it. Short news thing gives them something and that's it in a minute or two. Maybe casually flicking through YouTube grabs more attention than forums / web pages for some. Well it does that's fairly obvious as most content is quick and non-digested online.

You're right about some added history and patch idea or two it would make it much better for everyone as those that do pay more attention and already no about can grab a quick fact or idea maybe. That also touches on a series of videos I've been thinking about for a while and might not get round to.

Moving forward with these I'll do a couple more with a bit more history and some personal patch ideas thrown in and see how they go.

Thanks again!

and on topic for this module ... it's shaping up to look great! w00t

Nothing "wrong" in making a quick and informative vid like you did thats how I got the news. I dont care if it was word by word what a homepage says or what. Like I said thats how I got the news.
Chugging Beers keep up the good work
ben_hex
Cheers Hirsbro that's the idea but I do think just a little more to them as mentioned above (bit more of a personal touch or patch idea that came to mind when I saw it and maybe a bit of history) will make them even more worthwhile.
Qu-Bit Electronix
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have the Pulsar in silver available on our site.
www.qubitelectronix.com/modules/pulsar

Pulsar is shipping today!

-Andrew
Ras Thavas
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have the Pulsar in silver available on our site.

Pulsar is shipping today!

-Andrew

Will we see a manual or more full description of what Pulsar actually does soon?
mats_j
Looking forward to learning more about Pulsar. I've been close to getting Variatic Erumption in the past, but I've got a feeling this is "the one", as far as burst generators go. cool
Qu-Bit Electronix
Manual is up and demos are on their way!

Flohr
Qu-Bit Electronix

I just read the manual and have to say thumbs up

This and Chance seem like real winners. Y'all are implementing some really good design choices. I love that Pulsar saves its settings by default but then can be manually reset, also the software attenuation is a great feature. Def plan on picking up these two new gems in the near future.
windspirit
Lookin good wink

Quick question I couldnt get from just a quick read of the manual: is it possible to have all 4 outputs have different modes/ settings or are they all tied to one main burst generator but the outputs are distributed by the distribution mode?
Qu-Bit Electronix
windspirit wrote:
Lookin good wink

Quick question I couldnt get from just a quick read of the manual: is it possible to have all 4 outputs have different modes/ settings or are they all tied to one main burst generator but the outputs are distributed by the distribution mode?

All the individual outputs can have their own settings regardless of the other channels settings. However, the output dispersion modes have an effect on all channels at once.
mats_j
https://instagram.com/p/BWOenldgPJ8/

More demos please! Rockin' Banana!
ianross
Um, does this have a quantized burst output mode for making melodies and what not or do you have to use an external quantizer?

A bit confused about what you can do with these bursts when you use an external clock. If using an external clock are the bursts always on a grid or can you offset them off the grid?

If I'm using the gravity feature for example, would the initial bursts be on a grid and then because of "gravity" would the next bursts in line be off the grid?
dash80
ianross wrote:
Um, does this have a quantized burst output mode for making melodies and what not or do you have to use an external quantizer?

A bit confused about what you can do with these bursts when you use an external clock. If using an external clock are the bursts always on a grid or can you offset them off the grid?

If I'm using the gravity feature for example, would the initial bursts be on a grid and then because of "gravity" would the next bursts in line be off the grid?

This is kinda my misunderstanding as well...

I know it's fun for making crazy swirls of noise, but in use, I think I'd find it underutilized in my patches. Looks like fun though!
Ras Thavas
Really impressed with the number of features contained in this module, much deeper than I'd guessed from the tease videos and panel. 4 tracks of various styles of gate sequencing, output spreading, smearing and general smashing, very nice.

Only two things make me hold off, at least for right now, from an instant buy-

1) There appear to be a LOT of "hold this button first then press this one" combinations. Unless you work on a regular basis with this sort of module, you need to keep a cheat sheet around. I've lately been trying to avoid these wherever possible.

2) This module screams for being able to save more than one state. An expander that allowed saving presets would be most welcome.

If I can resist temptation, I'll wait and watch a few demos and videos, and see what users think after they've had it awhile.
GNE
I have a question.
Say you have it set to do 16 steps after a gate or trigger is sent to the burst input.
If another gate or trigger is received at the burst input before all 16 steps are completed, does it
A. immediately re-trigger the steps from the beginning.
B. ignore the burst input until the steps are completed.
White Noises
hybernaut wrote:
I think I saw this from Qu-Bit yesterday, and I really loved the video. Not just a bullet list of features (tho I love those videos too) but calm and deep exploration of the concepts and some techniques.

strawberry wrote:
For Chance I found this really helpful

http://youtu.be/HriutQv9pGg?list=PLDi8jQz3Hx_HuU-v7Gg_KCKo327MNy088

Hey, that's me! Glad you guys found it useful - I'm planning on making more videos like this in the near future.
Carci
Looks fun and deep !
I get that it's a burst generator and it's primary purpose is not sequencing.

But could I use Pulsar as a 4 tracks 16 step trigger sequencer ?

Also, is there a way to reverse the gravity (accelerates towards the end of the burst) ?
boboter
I'd be super interested to see/hear how Pulsar behaves when fed with slow clocks. So that the bursts are spread across a few bars.
ben_hex
Carci wrote:
Looks fun and deep !

Just been doing that today. Slow clock and then going in and writing out a 16 part sequence for the four parts independently then just hitting burst to make it feel like it's looping but with breaks (depending on how frequently I'm hitting burst of the regularity of what I send into that.
MARK27
Just FYI, the Qu-Bit people seem to most always be open to accommodating alternate panels.

Being one of the Black Panel Minority (BPM), I have frequently asked them for alternate black panels for a number of their products, and they have always helped me out, even with discontinued models.

My guess is that they were showing the Pulsar in black just so people would know the option was there.

Drink the black!
Guinness ftw!
Carci
ben_hex wrote:
Carci wrote:
Looks fun and deep !

Just been doing that today. Slow clock and then going in and writing out a 16 part sequence for the four parts independently then just hitting burst to make it feel like it's looping but with breaks (depending on how frequently I'm hitting burst of the regularity of what I send into that.

Awesome, thank you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3