MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-bit Pulsar could be fun
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Qu-bit Pulsar could be fun
7C
boboter wrote:
I'd be super interested to see/hear how Pulsar behaves when fed with slow clocks. So that the bursts are spread across a few bars.

this! anyone tried already?
adh82
This looks amazing. Hoping it can be as rhythmic as my zularic repetitor but also completely spacey!
ben_hex
Modular Podcast did a feature on Chance with Andrew from Qu-Bit (we chat about Pulsar too). Here's the interview/show and patch examples below too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4keYwkUuHNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dssLChLXlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P2gbC193kE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC5z9UTjmIA

digidandy
Are there any more videos of the Pulsar? Trying to find something other than the promo, but that's proving difficult.
dmod
digidandy wrote:
Are there any more videos of the Pulsar? Trying to find something other than the promo, but that's proving difficult.
Same here. What the hell? I thought there would be some vids by now. I am starting o have my doubts because when a really good module comes out it is usually proceeded by a storm of videos.
Kingnimrod
I think qu-bit is working on some tutorial videos.

When I have a chance I'll post some more videos to Instagram. I've posted a few showing beat generation and driving separate sequencers.

So far I think it's a great module - goes far beyond the usual burst generators available. It's a little tricky to remember the different hidden encoder functions but once you get the hang of it, it's fun.
digidandy
This one helped me ever so slightly, even if it's short. First demo of the gravity button, I think.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWL7mfggXjo/?hl=en
grape tony
Yeah really wondering about this / hard to find much.
Interested in its sequencing / Euclidean / clock dividing/ multi abilities ...
modmac
They are offering the choice of silver or black for all modules from their store, so everyone can be happy! I'm keen to get a few black versions of their modules.
MarcelP
Had the Pulsar for a week or so - only scratched the surface at this point (came with a bunch of other exciting modules that are being explored at the same time).

So far I have been making rhythms (a newish activity for me). The interface is not executed in my favourite way: multiple button presses, combination button pressing, holding buttons for over a second to access different parameters modes, etc. That said, the manual is comprehensible and I seem to be learning from my semi random groping and am getting more comfortable with it. LED colour changes to indicate mode/channel works well.

Best result has been feeding all four outs into one side of a Confundo Funkitus, other side fed from a Zularic Repetitor. Modulating the Pulsar can achieve quite "wonky" rhythms which can be more or less straightened up by cross fading with the Zularic inputs.

Definitely a module with much potential, a bit of a learning curve but multiple applications should be achievable with a bit of imagination/thought. I am happy with it.
mantid
My Pulsar arrived yesterday, and it seems the Mode encoder push doesn't work. For example, in Sequence mode, I can rotate it and see the cursor moving, but clicking it won't toggle a step.

In Euclidean mode, twisting it will add divisions, but pressing and twisting does not rotate the offset, it just does the same thing as not-pressing.

Is it possible I got it into some weird mode?

I am struggling with the manual, which mentions Global Page etc but not how to get into it or how to tell if you are. I _think_ I am figuring out how to navigate but am coming to the conclusion that my unit is broken.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions (I have reset it - got the white lamp indication - to no avail).
McRINdk
mantid wrote:
My Pulsar arrived yesterday, and it seems the Mode encoder push doesn't work. For example, in Sequence mode, I can rotate it and see the cursor moving, but clicking it won't toggle a step.

In Euclidean mode, twisting it will add divisions, but pressing and twisting does not rotate the offset, it just does the same thing as not-pressing.

Is it possible I got it into some weird mode?

I am struggling with the manual, which mentions Global Page etc but not how to get into it or how to tell if you are. I _think_ I am figuring out how to navigate but am coming to the conclusion that my unit is broken.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions (I have reset it - got the white lamp indication - to no avail).

I love mine. Something about the interface just works and takes me away from a grid mindset. I must admit it works as described now, but when I was randomly exploring in the beginning I did end up down dead ends where I had no idea where I was. I’ll,have a look tonight and see if anything comes to me.
Mirrorad
ianross wrote:
Um, does this have a quantized burst output mode for making melodies and what not or do you have to use an external quantizer?

I just read the manual for the Pulsar, and someone please correct me if I've misunderstood, but it seems that this module only sends triggers for rhythms, but not dynamic CV values?

If my understanding is correct, I would love it if Qu-Bit made a Pulsar V2 that outputs both triggers and dynamic CV values (I'm fine with using an external quantizer). I really love the interface of the Pulsar, and the stellar electro-magnetic emissions concept. It's a really sexy design, with a great light display, and fun interactive controls. I would've picked one up by now for those reasons alone, but the absence of CV out would mean that I wouldn't use it as much. I'm really hoping someone will chime in and say I've just misunderstood.
MarcelP
Mirrorad wrote:
ianross wrote:
Um, does this have a quantized burst output mode for making melodies and what not or do you have to use an external quantizer?

I just read the manual for the Pulsar, and someone please correct me if I've misunderstood, but it seems that this module only sends triggers for rhythms, but not dynamic CV values?

Yes, thats what it does - pulses. Really nice pulses in a multitude of rhythms and lengths and patterns and stuff with CV inputs. But "just" pulses! thumbs up
Mirrorad
MarcelP wrote:
Mirrorad wrote:
ianross wrote:

Yes, thats what it does - pulses. Really nice pulses in a multitude of rhythms and lengths and patterns and stuff with CV inputs. But "just" pulses! thumbs up

Thanks for confirming.
Please Qu-Bit, a Pulsar V2 with added random CV outputs would be absolutely irresistible.
mattsb
I'm considering a Pulsar but I can't figure out what is CV able and what isn't, and I can't find any videos that showcase the CV capabilities. I've read the manual a couple of times but find it quite dense especially when I can't actually try things out.

Can someone summarize what is CVable on a per track basis ? (I'm not super interested in CVing Global settings unless there is something super cool you can do that way).

Can someone explain how one triggers an asynchronous burst ? (If I read the manual right an async burst is one that isn't triggered by the clock, but by some external event or a button press?)

Are any of the functions on the main encoder CVable ? (e.g. Euclidean density or offset )
digidandy
I am confused by the behaviour on one of the channels of my Pulsar. On channel two, the first light in the burst sequence is coloured blue - while the rest of the pulses are, of course, purple, like they should be on channel two. What does this blue light mean? I have tried to find this in the manual, but no luck ... not sure what to search for.

Here is an image of the module, demonstrating what I mean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk5zybwhi11o4c8/IMG_7445.jpg?dl=0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3