MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia released 2.0.0.2 BeatStep Pro Firmware
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Arturia released 2.0.0.2 BeatStep Pro Firmware
evasporque
I know a lot of wigglers use one and have complained about certain bugs and missing features that looks to be fixed and addressed in this new release...I'll be updating mine tonight.

Looks like they released it today. Jun. 23, 2017 Below are the infos and vid (1 of 5)

BeatStep Pro
V 2.0.0.2
Bug fixes
Chains are properly handled in reverse mode
Program changes are now properly handled when "Wait to load pattern" is off
V 2.0.0
New features
SHIFT + Step 2 = Clear steps in selected track
SHIFT + Step 9 (in Controller Mode) = Switch between Roller and Looper, affects Controller Mode and the three sequencers. Roller in melodic mode is an arpeggiator that plays notes in the order where they were pressed.
SHIFT + Step 14 (Controller Mode) = Wait to load pattern
SHIFT + Step 15 (Controller Mode) = Global Tempo

SHIFT + Step 16 (Drum Mode) = Polyrhythm

BeatStep Pro is Synchronizable with Volcas

Create longer notes in the drum sequencer using Ties
Scales are now applied after the sequence
Ability to enter notes in melodic sequencer by hitting a pad then tapping one or multiple steps.

Set MIDI Channel as part of the Drum Map. Each pad can be set to User Channel or to a fixed channel between 1 and 16.

On Edit: OOOooo I boldded above because I use the Akai TomCat drum machine and the disco tom is on a different MIDI channel than the rest of the instruments. Now I can assign a pad to a different channel to fire the tom. (which sounds really quite good) AND I an set the Jomox MBase11 kick drum module to it's own channel as well. This update just gave me two additional percussion sources. SWEET!

Create a mode where random will only randomize the octave of the notes and not the notes in Sequencer 1 & 2.

Velocity CV Out can now be attenuated from the MCC

Set custom length for each drum track using Polyrhythm

Scenes mode : A Scene contains a pattern or a chain for Sequencer 1, Sequencer 2 and Drum that can be instantly recalled. There are 16 available Scenes.

Change the looper start point in the sequence by pressing steps
Fast Tie mode now available in Drum Sequencer. Fast Ties get applied after a short time.
Bug fixes
Shift + Swing now properly work together
Pad velocity in Controller Mode now functional
Pads now light up when setting Program Changes
Knobs can now be set to control Aftertouch in Controller Mode
Selected Pad of Drum Sequencer is properly lit in Real-Time recording

Step + Pad now working with Drums sequencer with record active

Pressing step buttons to change Project doesn't send unwanted CC messages
No more crashes on pattern change after external transpose with transpose link
Improvements to HUI protocol when using Pro Tools 10
Sequences are now properly updated with Preset Link
First pattern of a chain is now played once when Wait to Load Pattern = Off
Transpose link + chaining pattern now properly work together
No more stuck notes on Stop/Pause using analog clock

No more drifting of the MIDI clock output when using internal clock

No more notes jumped when using the Looper with MIDI, USB or Clk Sync
Exiting Looper now plays the right note information
Control mode = Knob jumping from 127 to 0 with slow acceleration
nickgrys
Thanks for the heads up! They also put up a handy cheat sheet for download: http://downloads.arturia.com/products/beatstep-pro/manual/BeatStepPro- CheatSheet.pdf
verstaerker
nice update - I really don't get why they didn't added the option to save the sync setting ... I find it so lame to have set this each time I power the device up

or am I the only one finding this annoying? hmmm.....
Muzone
Upgrade was fast and clean, new features seem to be well thought out and implemented ~ highlights for me are polyrhythmic drum patterns, midi channel per drum option and scenes.
Some of the more detailed button press type changes will take longer to assess but overall it looks a real step-up smile
geremyf
Wow. I really thought polyrhythms were never going to happen and would only be implemented in the drumbrute.
DiscoDevil
Mine has been in the closet for the last 8 months or so. Maybe time to break it out and try again!
geremyf
Yeah..I just watched the 5 videos. The new recordable arpeggiator function and pattern chaining actually have me the most excited...it's like getting a whole new device almost!
AndreasD
Muzone wrote:
Upgrade was fast and clean, new features seem to be well thought out and implemented ~ highlights for me are polyrhythmic drum patterns, midi channel per drum option and scenes.
Some of the more detailed button press type changes will take longer to assess but overall it looks a real step-up smile

As you said!
rupa
This is nice. I got a squarp and almost sold my BSP, suddenly happy I didn't.
kbithecrowing
evasporque wrote:

SHIFT + Step 16 (Drum Mode) = Polyrhythm

Ability to enter notes in melodic sequencer by hitting a pad then tapping one or multiple steps.

Thus far these two are coming in quite handy. I have a feeling this update will breathe new life into this for me.

Also worth noting, I had to update the Midi Control Center software on my computer in order to access all the new firmware parameters.

rupa wrote:
...almost sold my BSP, suddenly happy I didn't.

Same Chugging Beers
Bob Borries
I've been waiting for Scene (Song) Mode to come along and now the Beatstep Pro is at the top of my buy list. 16 non-volatile Scene locations! WOW and poly-rhythm to boot!
geremyf
So i have been playing a bit. The new roller/Arp function takes the cake. Much more controllable realtime than the looper for me.
geremyf
So the only thing that remains on my wishlist and that seems like a no brainer: I'd like to set random & probability per drum voice, not for the whole drum track.
SPIKE the Percussionist
updating both of mine tonight...
cnicht
Does it now respond to Program Change commands i.e. change pattern when it receives one?
softroom
Hey gang, just installed the update. Polyrhythmic fabulousness

Is anyone able to change the clock division of the drum track during playback? I can't but wondering if I've missed some weird new switch in the software. Melodic tracks switch as they should but right now I have to stop playback (Int) to change the drum track speed ratio.

Here's a video of it not working for me, in case you can spot something dumb I'm doing wink

https://youtu.be/jWgEBqluaDc
AndreasD
Did some measurements and see significantly improved timing stability of clock and gates/trigger.
Chopper
geremyf wrote:
So the only thing that remains on my wishlist and that seems like a no brainer: I'd like to set random & probability per drum voice, not for the whole drum track.

This... THIS!
bradclay
Update went smooth. Can't save patterns though.

Update. Solved. For some reason turning on Scene Mode in the Midi Control Center didn't work the first time. Turned off the BSP. Closed Midi CC. Turned BSP back on, opened MIDI CC back up and turned Scene Mode back on and it works. Odd...but problem solved for now.
Trebbers
evasporque wrote:

Create longer notes in the drum sequencer using Ties

Being able to sequence gates w/the drum sequencer sounds awesome, and will probably tip me into picking one up.
ranix
softroom wrote:
right now I have to stop playback (Int) to change the drum track speed ratio

that's gross, I hope they fix that
MRoyce
ranix wrote:
softroom wrote:

It's from an error during the update, this works perfectly fine on mine and others. The Fix seems to be to do a factory reset and update again. Make sure to save your work.
ThisKillsPop
This is great news I've been looking for a reason to dump my DB, now that I can sequence my tr8 with polyrhythms the DB is going to be sold!
softroom
MRoyce wrote:
ranix wrote:
softroom wrote:

It's from an error during the update, this works perfectly fine on mine and others. The Fix seems to be to do a factory reset and update again. Make sure to save your work.

Have you tried changing from 1/4 division to any other? Still not been in the studio long enough to repeat the update with factory reset but if not today definitely tomorrow.
High Wolf
Before doing the update, I prefer to double-check : anyone lost some data? Like saved patterns?

The only time I used Midi Control Center I accidentally erased a whole bank of patterns, my "live show" pattern bank, two days before a tour. By clicking on "save" I thought it would save this bank in to my computer but it actually saved a blank bank from the software on the machine and erased the whole bank without the usual warning you'd expect "are you sure you wanna erase...?". Since then I've been avoiding that shitty software like plague.

So I need to get reassured confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2