MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TX-3 or TM-5 or TM-1 for basslines?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author TX-3 or TM-5 or TM-1 for basslines?
caduber
i want to pick one for the simple purpose of making some low end growling grit synth sounds. which one should i pick? very frustrating
EPTC
Wait, you're saying you have access to SELECT from all three? Or any of them? All of 'em have been unavailable for many years. Are you saying someone has all three of those boxes and is offering to sell? I'd grab em all.

Many metasonix circuits are inherited into current designs, though.
EPTC
Weird - one TX-3 is still available at AH
http://analoguehaven.com/metasonix/tx-3/N

Not sure of which new metasonix is applicable to a TM5 but there's lots of preamps/vcas in their eurorack stuff. All marvelous.

I believe the TM1 became the RK3, but you really need another synth to open that up fully (interacts best with sharp waveforms)

But if you wanted growling grit synth, I'd go the S2000 route (or RK4+RK2).
Kujo
do you mean as an effects processor or as a source?
caduber
so... yea, got all 3 of them off of some random french guy online grin

the tm-5 is a real beast for bass sounds! icunt is really resonant nasty and feeding some drums to it is a real treat.
but fuck me sideways i have no idea what to do with the tm-1, its really scary what comes out of it, but i cannot get any musical use out of it at all.

the manual on the website is impossible to read X_X

any tips?
i am thinking of maybe just trying to trade it vs a tm-7?

hmmm.....
metasonix
caduber wrote:
but fuck me sideways i have no idea what to do with the tm-1, its really scary what comes out of it, but i cannot get any musical use out of it at all.

Wish I could quote you in ad copy.....you could always ask Trent Reznor, it was used in various tracks in the With Teeth and Year Zero albums.
caduber
metasonix wrote:
caduber wrote:

Wish I could quote you in ad copy.....you could always ask Trent Reznor, it was used in various tracks in the With Teeth and Year Zero albums.

HA! thats exactly how i got into your stuff d'oh!

and go ahead and quote anything you like, i wont charge shit.

on the same note, got a spare tm-7 for me? love
Kujo
I have a short video of the TM-1 making noise if that helps :

http://www.facebook.com/pg/Kujo-1575625842722747/videos/?ref=page_inte rnal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1