MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Binary zone division outs...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Binary zone division outs...
qu.one
Right - I'm asking if there's a way to get each division out ala a clock divider style. I'm aware that this mod might require a breakout panel if even doable, but figured I'd ask since I couldn't find anything about this type of BZ mod.

And since I can't find a second hand one, blacet will be getting an order soon.
DGTom
If you plan on doing this; get the kit, will make it a piece of piss.

But, yeah, totally doable. You'll need half a dozen buffers. This is important because you don't want jacking into a division to cause your sequence from the CV out to change.

All you'll have to do is tap the divider chip, you could solder onto the bottom of a built one, which would mean lots of wires etc. & kinda messy.

The tricky way would be to plug abit of vero / strip board into the IC socket which would give you extra pads, power + ground for the buffers, require much less wiring & be easy to troubleshoot... would also make the mod 100% reversible.

You could make the outputs work in one of two (or both) ways. Use Non-Inverting buffers & you will have a divider like the A-160, use Inverting buffers & each division will start on the 1.

With a nice new panel this would make an awesome module SlayerBadger!
Kwote
For real. If I had the time this would be a worthy project to take on.
qu.one
Thanks DGT. The a160 was exactly my thought. I just sold mine since I barely used it, but thought what if need simple divisions - could the BZ do it...? (i normally use my seq-02 for orderly triggering duties). So now I'm even more stoked. But yeah-I wouldn't want to interrupt it's normal functionality, but add a feature only. Is John Blacet open to mods on his modules? I would assume yes so I might propose the same question when ordering.

On a side note, I was going to replace the 160/161 with an RCD, but I don't know if I can justify the (what I think is a) hefty price tag
qu.one
after cruising over to Metalbox, they have a pretty interesting Divider/Logic module... making me rethink modifying the BZ.

http://metalbox.com/modules/pulselogic.html

qu.one
Binary Zone ordered....
Kwote
qu.one wrote:
after cruising over to Metalbox, they have a pretty interesting Divider/Logic module... making me rethink modifying the BZ.

I have both the BZ and Divider/Logic. They go really well together. I cooked up a cool patch last night where I was running the BZ main out to trigger a kick and getting some crazy pattern while running the BZ’s clock to the Divider and using the outs from that to trigger my snare and hat sounds. Pretty cool stuff. A lot that can be discovered with this method.

GET BOTH!
qu.one
^^^^^ both will probably be the answer so i dont have to modify my BZ.
rezzn8r
Kwote wrote:
qu.one wrote:

I have both the BZ and Divider/Logic. They go really well together. I cooked up a cool patch last night where I was running the BZ main out to trigger a kick and getting some crazy pattern while running the BZ’s clock to the Divider and using the outs from that to trigger my snare and hat sounds. Pretty cool stuff. A lot that can be discovered with this method.

GET BOTH!

I do this all the time! SlayerBadger! although my divider and logic are 5U oops
I often use the BZ as my master clock, and feed the clock out to a pulse divider, and then use boolean logic to gate vc switches. great fun. yes! get both!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1