MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favourite wave folder /shaper 2017
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Favourite wave folder /shaper 2017
lud
Similar threads have existed before but in the light of new filter and random topics I wanted to know what your favourite wave shapers were.
I haven't got one at the moment, but have designs on the Serge wave Multipliers.

Interested in what you like or want smile
1n
I use Random Source Wave Multipliers, with DUSG and Resonant EQ, plus other modules. I bought it on recommendation and don't regret it. Just these 3 plus a mixer allows me to arrange some great noises, and you can get a huge range of timbres and all-round wildness. Add some random and sequencing and you've got a whole lot of action.
antimatteraudio
The Cross Fold, of course hihi w00t
ludu357
same here, looking for a new waveshaper.
I LOVE the one of the DPO, I use a lot the one of the Disting mk2, I even use Maths as waveshaper with the wave rectification patch.

The Serge seems to be a beast, but I'm also very curious about the AWM-3 from Vintage Synth Lab hyper
luketeaford
The Random*Source Wave Multipliers is not just my favorite waveshaper, it is a candidate for favorite of all modules. It can create a huge range of tones ranging from natural and organic to that Serge middle section sound.

To be fair though, I think wave multipliers/folders/shapers are useful no matter what and I haven't heard one in person or in demos that I couldn't fall in love with. Guinness ftw!
Sleipnir
I have the R*S Serge WM, SSF/WMD Ultra-Fold, IJ uFold, and a couple distings.
My favorite is still the uFold, set to 2 stages. Fed with a Dixie sine wave, it just has that growly, vowel-ish sound that I hear in my head when I think of wave folding.
Om
The Ultra-Fold takes a lot of fiddling (and greatly attenuated input) to get a good sound for me. I think it's just too powerful (like the uFold set to 6 stages). The feedback lets you get some unique sounds though.
The Serge Wave Multiplier totally rocks, though you have to be aware that it was designed for Serge signal levels (+/-2v or so), not the +/-5v of Euro. Super handy for mangling CVs, too.
The disting does pretty good in a stretch. Mostly I use the disting to cover for things I don't have; if I use it for something more than a few times, I buy the module it was emulating.
timoka
i almost exclusively work with sines waves and need waveshapers of any kind.
i like the twf, ufold and especially the A-137-1, it's range of sounds is incredible. the newest is the r*s wave multipliers and i love it!
but the imo most musical sounding is the dpo's wavefolder section. i say this every year i think...i hope makenoise will someday make this available as a seperate module!
estin
Anyone tried the new Tiptop Fold processor? Looks great and the demo's sound really nice. The WMD geiger counter is also an amazing waveshaper, sold my first one and regretted it.
verstaerker
from what i've heard the R*S WM is the best one
Daisuk
Warps with Parasites.
lud
Looks like the Serge Wave Multipliers for me! Really like the 3 parts to the unit.

Would really be tempted to add the Serge Wave Shapers as well after, do they play great together? Can see uses for both in my system. Take up quite a lot of room though
khyber
I'm still very fond of the WMD/SSF Ultrafold
MA-CHEW!!
Kinda surprised no one mentioned the Intellijel Shapeshifter yet.
I owned an early DPO and while it was nice had its sound it was frustrating to not have external access to the wave folder. So I traded mine in for an Intellijel Shapeshifter and have absolutely no regrets. Guinness ftw!
auxren
I'm still wrestling with it, but, I think I like the Audio Damage Shapes. seriously, i just don't get it
Jtalton
it's a beast

lud
Ultrafold didn't quite do it for me, can't put my finger on why. Bit harsh sounding?
Ultrasold
weekdayworrier
+1 for uFold, particularly with its small footprint
Footkerchief
estin wrote:
Anyone tried the new Tiptop Fold processor? Looks great and the demo's sound really nice. The WMD geiger counter is also an amazing waveshaper, sold my first one and regretted it.

I'm also curious about the Tiptop Fold, especially how it compares to the A-137-1.
Milanm
TWF

Manhatten Analogue panel, with the attenuators
tarmoog
Ultrafold is bit noisy and it kinda leans more on overdriven sound.

NLC timbre sounds very nice on demos I've heard. But haven't had opportunity to test it myself.
jwm
auxren wrote:
I'm still wrestling with it, but, I think I like the Audio Damage Shapes. seriously, i just don't get it

i took me a while to dial it in for what i wanted out of it. love it now.

also, lest we forget...piston honda
realitycontrol
Still loving the toppobrillo TWF over here!
Koryo
Ummmm... Chopping Kinky?

It's a Dual channel VCA, wave folder, and crossfader all in one. Sounds great to me, nice hp per feature set, and is DIY.

It's my only and most favorite wave folder of 2017. razz
wellurban
Koryo wrote:
Ummmm... Chopping Kinky?

It's a Dual channel VCA, wave folder, and crossfader all in one. Sounds great to me, nice hp per feature set, and is DIY.

It's my only and most favorite wave folder of 2017. razz

This is definitely on my list. I currently only have the uFold II, which I love, but I'm coming around to the idea that one needs as much variety in wavefolders that one has in fliters Mr. Green The Serge-based ones intrigue me, and the Tiptop is a cool concept (though you can get that with any wavefolder and a clock divider, it's a wonderful effect!), but I think the Chopping Kinky looks most appealing for adding some variety.
neonmercury1
My vote is for the random source wave mult. i use it on ever patch. the Ufold is ace as well. i would love to wiggle the toppobrillo and NLC as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3