MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Paper circuits + Euro = ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Paper circuits + Euro = ?
rodrigo
Does anyone know of anyone who has made some of the paper circuits into euro modules? (Mainly thinking the dogvoice/dogslit, but so many great/crazy circuits in there (grassi, rollz, etc..)).
windspirit
Someone on the facebook group shared a pic of a lil sid that they made in euro. All I can say is that you should use an actual pcb as having paper around that much current is not safe.
rodrigo
Interesting.

Yeah for sure doing it on a pcb would be desirable!

Surprised it's not more of a thing, since there are so many (weird/cool) paper circuits, and the IFM modules represent a small subset of the ciat world/landscape.
salocinnomis
I believe one could easily build them on stripboard, Pugix draw the schematics for all the circuits from the Rollz-5 (Rollz/gong/avdog/ultrasound) : http://pugix.com/synth/rollz-5-schematics/ but also for a lot of paper circuits.
I'll start building my Rollz-5 and Gerassic organ next week, initially thought of keeping them independant but some might be useful as euro modules..
rodrigo
I'm talking to a friend to see about making a euro dogvoice (from the seemingly forgotten/neglected Dogslit.

But it would be amazing to see some of the plumbutter rollz type timing stuff in euro land as well.
windspirit
I think the biggest thing is that the paper circuit stuff is unipolar power supply vs euro which is bipolar. You might consider using a diode on the inputs with a resistor to protect from negative voltages but this will definitely affect the interaction of the circuit.
pugix
windspirit wrote:
I think the biggest thing is that the paper circuit stuff is unipolar power supply vs euro which is bipolar. You might consider using a diode on the inputs with a resistor to protect from negative voltages but this will definitely affect the interaction of the circuit.

Except for 'brown' nodes, which connect directly to transistors, most of Peter's inputs have a large resistor that essentially converts voltage to current. Some of the outputs on Plumbutter can go negative, due to capacitor coupled outputs. My point is that there is not a lot of risk of putting negative voltages into one of Peter's designs. (If anyone has proven this to cause damage, please chime in.)

As far as Eurorack conversion, I'd recommend using a 7809 voltage regulator to step down the power supply voltage from 12 to 9 volts. That will also isolated it from other modules. See my Rollz5 project for an example of using a regulator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1