MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet Dual Filter bare PCB cap- and IC question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet Dual Filter bare PCB cap- and IC question
e-grad
Hi list, this is my first posting and I'm coming right with two questions. Hope to contribute later myself!

I've got two Blacet Dual Filter bare PCBs and two questions regarding them:

1) The BOM asks for mylar caps (C1; C2; C5; C6) which are hard to come by in my part of the world. Thus I'd like to substitute them for polystyrene. Is that fine or a little over the top?

2) I need in total four MAX365 ICs, alas, I could track down only two. Any source?

BTW Blacet hast still some Dual Filter bare PCBs. After having heard some samples (I think by Kwote), I think it a very nice Filter. However, if you buy one or more take the knob kit as well if you want to pcb mount the pots since two of them have 6 pins each which should not be easily to find elsewhere.
Kwote
wish i could help. both my DF's were built from parts supplied by Blacet.
neandrewthal
Polystyrene would be fine. They are actually better than mylar but you probably wouldn't notice the difference in a manual filter. I'd suggest going for polyester if you can find them for cheaper than the polystyrene.
e-grad
Thanks for your replys! So I go for poly caps.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1