MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Octatrack MkII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Elektron Octatrack MkII
gimber
Juno seems to have leaked the new OT
Octatrack MkII at Juno

In the search results page it gives the release date at Sept 1.
ThisKillsPop
guess we will have to wait and see... kind weird since they just released the digitakt tho
phesago
super glad i dont own one now. Kinda shitty, though I find it to be a bit weird b/c didnt they just release a recent batch of new manufactured ones?
h4ndcrafted
Maybe MPC and the S16 have put pressure on the old Octa.

An Octa with overbridge would be pretty wizard/radical/Fandabbydozey
Funky40
a new OT is overdue.
.........long awaited

Thanks for the post gimber !
i was REALLY on the fence to buy me one back, while i didn´t wanted to go "back"
No track mutestates "per pattern", the "parts" hassle.......

says: 1065£ on the link
is this same as a MKI in £ ?
Futuresound
Huh, I thought the Digitakt would push any potential MKII release back at least another year.
Funky40
yeah, i thought the same honestly
AdamJay
If real, this will cost twice as much as DT.
Will be aimed at a somewhat different market with that price point.

Let's face it.
OT was long in the tooth and DT is no replacement.

I want to believe this is happening.
OTmk2 and Rytm would be all I would need live.
geremyf
I can't wait for the awesome cheap OT mk 1s start showing up. I have been wanting to pick one up to run raw eurorack through!
tron23
phesago wrote:
super glad i dont own one now. Kinda shitty, though I find it to be a bit weird b/c didnt they just release a recent batch of new manufactured ones?

It is rare to see two elektron machines competing each other so the old trusty ot might not get obsolete after this release. It might be hard to include overbridge and dedicated analogue outs for 1000 gbp
Nevertheless i guess it will take some time for the os to get fully developed so we are talking next year for sure.
jtregoat
I would love for it to have CV integration like the rest of the elektron models have adapted
Shrigg
Very interesting, can't wait to see more!
Anechoic
Here it is:

https://www.elektron.se/octatrack-mkII/

We're excited to announce Octatrack MKII, the successor to our highly influential performance sampler Octatrack.

Octatrack MKII is an eight track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performers and studio producers. Thanks to its clever combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks and in- and outputs, it is perfect as the centre piece in any rig. The sample engine, which features time-stretch and pitch-shift in real time, is capable of radically transforming and reshaping samples in an instant.

The new high quality back-lit buttons, paired with the hi-res encoders and the professional contactless crossfader, ensure operational reliability in the most demanding environments. The ultra crisp OLED screen and an increased count of dedicated buttons, each with a distinct purpose, contribute to the improved MKII user experience.

Octatrack MKII specifications

8 stereo audio tracks
8 dedicated MIDI tracks
Instant stereo sampling
Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift
2 × insert FX per audio track
3 × LFO per track
Live friendly Elektron sequencer
Contactless performance crossfader
1 × ¼” headphones output
2 × ¼” impedance balanced main output
2 × ¼” impedance balanced cue output
4 × ¼” balanced external input
1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports
Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen
Precise hi-res encoders
Durable back-lit buttons rated for 50 million presses
W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5″) including knobs and rubber feet
Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs)
Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data
Pricing & availability

Octatrack MKII will be €1449/$1349. Shipping starts in August.

Visit Elektron.se for more information

Annwn
Next up:

Monomachine MKIII with individual track lengths and insert FX.

I wish!
KaOsphere
€1449/$1349 hmmm.....

For the ones who already owns one, is there any significant improvement apart from the matte grey color and the screen ?
gosh
Massive fail. All they've done is add new buttons and screen. No updates like trig conditions, cv, better sample management. Compact flash in 2017? I don't know, maybe it's just me but this is a bit lame. It's obviously a powerful machine already but I expected more.
Entrainer
I predict after-market case replacement sales will be strong.
Entrainer
KaOsphere wrote:
€1449/$1349 hmmm.....

For the ones who already owns one, is there any significant improvement apart from the matte grey color and the screen ?

Probably Overbridge support, if OB is something you care about. I'm surprised it's not mentioned in the product announcement. IMHO, that would be the main reason to update the hardware and it would expand the number of outputs.
prae
i'm so confused...

they've literally added nothing new

just some extra hardware

c'mon

surely there must be an OS update coming soon too?
realitycontrol
Was literally about to go demo the Octatrack one at a store.
Glad I spotted this!
Thought it was never going to happen.
Paranormal Patroler
So many OTmk1 for sale soon ... Oh boy!
Numanoid92
i'm a little bit confused... i don't really see any significant difference between the Mk 2 and the original OT aside of the Aesthetic thing.
insula
i have a octa v1 and don't really see that an upgrade will improve my current set up, basically has a new look and file and few buttoms more... waah

no more inputs waah
no more efx per track waah
no more i/o midi ports waah

sad banana
rockreid
No CV. Come on. Even cheap sequencers these days like BS Pro and Crazy8 have loads of CV.

CF in 2017? Why not throw in a floppy disk drive as well?

Weird that they have spent so much time, effort, and money in Overbridge and this new MK2 doesn't even include it (yet at least).

Nice OLED. Looks like developers are starting to get over age 40 and the eyes are starting to go. Join the club, boys.

Sold my Octatrack 2 years ago and never looked back. With the MPC Live out for around the same money or a little less, Pretty much no reason for me to pick the new OT up.
Sinamsis
The website lists the differences, which are rather small. Balanced inputs are nice. As is the new display. But it really doesn't look to be significantly overhauled. No mention of OB is shocking. Also their sneak attack vs the protracted teasers is a little refreshing. I won't be on the preorder list, however.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9