MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Digitakt/Euro Integration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Digitakt/Euro Integration
ablearcher
So I picked up a Digitakt to pair with my euro rig mostly because I wanted a flexible sequencer that could do rolls, triplets, etc which I saw that the Digitakt can do.

Turns out it can only do that (what it calls retrig) on internal audio tracks, not on midi tracks. Dead Banana

So yeah, if you are planning on sequencing a eurorack drum rig with a digitakt, just be aware it doesn't have that function. Once I searched for it it seems to be a common feature request so maybe it will get future implementation...... Dead Banana
Hezza11
ablearcher wrote:
So I picked up a Digitakt to pair with my euro rig mostly because I wanted a flexible sequencer that could do rolls, triplets, etc which I saw that the Digitakt can do.

Turns out it can only do that (what it calls retrig) on internal audio tracks, not on midi tracks. Dead Banana

So yeah, if you are planning on sequencing a eurorack drum rig with a digitakt, just be aware it doesn't have that function. Once I searched for it it seems to be a common feature request so maybe it will get future implementation...... Dead Banana

Yeah I was disappointed when I found this out. Email elektron for a feature request and cross your fingers
worra
Bump!

Just picked up a Yarns and I'm hating how the works w/ the Digitakt so far. I'm just trying to use the 1M setting on Yarns and it seems like Yarns doesn't want to output the clock from the DT unless the Yarns seq is running? I don't want to use the Yarns seq at all. Once I got that going, it seemed like pitch CV wasn't working while the seq was running because it was playing back the sequence (that I had programmed w/ all rests). Is there a way to get what I want here or should I just give up and get an Intellijel uMidi or Shuttle Control?

Yarns really feels more like it was made to work with keyboards, not sequencers....
midirobot
have a look if internal seq is still active,i think that the source of your problem
Jaypee
I need a solid machine for my drums. (Too pricey and would take too much space in eurorack format).

I send my modular system via an ES-3. Sending a clock and reset. Works great. Timing is perfect.

What is the best way to sync DT? Sending a clock from my DAW to the DT? Via USB? Or midi clock (not sure about this option though! smile )

Will youtube if anyone did a tutorial or something like this

Cheers!
Tumulishroomaroom
I clock mine from Pamela's workout midi expander and it is tight tight tight.
zanscath
FH-2 will probably be awesome for this.
docsample
Hi, for feeding the Eurorack output back to the Digitakt, I assume an output module is required to bring the levels down? Or can the Digitakt receive Eurorack audio levels?
docsample
bump
mattsb
i have recorded Rings, through a Mutamix, directly into the DT. No problems at all.
docsample
zanscath wrote:

the editor looks a lot more complex than shuttle control. more features, but more complex. will wait and see
Tonemod
docsample wrote:
zanscath wrote:

the editor looks a lot more complex than shuttle control. more features, but more complex. will wait and see

They're both pretty complex and have some distinct features.

I've spent a lot of time with SC + DT, and Pam's new workout. The SC's ability to do envelopes [CC 73 (attack) and CC 72 (decay)] and not just trigger/gates has become indespensible in my setup. The SC + DT combo replaces a lot of modues, but I might be overloading the MIDI stream because I get some clock instability when sending some MIDI parameters to SC.

The internal (CVable) clock, internal CC adjustable LFOs, and 0-10v capability on the FH-2 are very tempting. Not to mention the standard left to right signal flow...
spinalbeatz
Is anyone using the CV.OCD with a Digitakt that wouldn't mind sharing their Sysex configuration settings?
Sinamsis
I've been using 3 Shuttle Controls (crazy, I know) with my DT. However, for those who want to go ape shit with the SC and DT, I would mention that I experienced some dropped notes when flooding the SCs with MIDI data (even with two SCs, not 3). I talked to the good folks at Endorphin.es and they're working on it. By using a MIDI to USB converter cable, and using triggers instead of gates I was able to get rid of most if not all dropped notes. But not having gates is a little annoying.
SCOOBA_TANK
Hey y’all! I’m wondering if anyone has used the Hexinverter Mutant Brain with the DT yet? I got mine the other day and finally got it set up with my system. The only problem is that it continuously sends the DT clock whether the DT is running or not. Anyone know how I can get it to start and stop sending clock when I hit play and stop on the DT? Thanks!
mildheadwound
All the Elektron boxes spit midi clock, regardless if they are running or not. It's quite annoying, but it does reset/sync itself when you hit play again.

Also, for that other comment above a few, asking about triplets , etc, you can still add multipliers to tracks, as say 3x faster etc. Then just make the midi channel the same as you drum track, so you can bring it in and out as a 'fill'. You can even use the, 'fill', conditional trigs.
SCOOBA_TANK
mildheadwound wrote:
All the Elektron boxes spit midi clock, regardless if they are running or not. It's quite annoying, but it does reset/sync itself when you hit play again..

ahhh. gotcha. that would make sense to why I've got no idea how to figure this out. d'oh!

Ok. It looks like I may go down the Pam's clocks EVERYTHING route.
SCOOBA_TANK
ok. I feel like a total goon. I am having a heard time figuring out the signal chain from Pam's to the DT. Can anyone help? I am assuming that I'll need to buy the Pexp-1, but after that I'm a bit lost. I just want to make sure that I am purchasing the right stuff and understand how to set this up.

H E L P M E P L E A S E ! ! !

seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks in advance!
MossGarden
Just to chime in, I’m intergrating a digitone currently, i’m using pams as a master clock, sending midi clock to digitone via expander, then midi out of digitone to yarns in 4m mode. It’s been tight as hell and integrating 4 channels of FM goodness is great fun. Dead Banana
SCOOBA_TANK
MossGarden wrote:
Just to chime in, I’m intergrating a digitone currently, i’m using pams as a master clock, sending midi clock to digitone via expander, then midi out of digitone to yarns in 4m mode. It’s been tight as hell and integrating 4 channels of FM goodness is great fun. Dead Banana

That’s awesome! Which expander are you using?

I’ve got both the digitakt and digitone. So I’m hoping to have Pam’s clock those, while then sending midi out to mutant brain to control EVERYTHING!
Rafi
Check out BoBeats mutant brain video on youtube SCOOBA_TANK
SCOOBA_TANK
Rafi wrote:
Check out BoBeats mutant brain video on youtube SCOOBA_TANK

Yeah. I’ve watched that. It’s helpful in terms of understanding how the DT connects to the MB and what the MB does. I totally understand that. What I’m trying to sort through is how to get everything synced together and stopping and starting when I hit run. So far, the best solution is that Pam’s is the master clock and runs the show.
LongLostDonut
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:
ok. I feel like a total goon. I am having a heard time figuring out the signal chain from Pam's to the DT. Can anyone help? I am assuming that I'll need to buy the Pexp-1, but after that I'm a bit lost. I just want to make sure that I am purchasing the right stuff and understand how to set this up.

Thanks in advance!

If you are just looking to clock DT from PNW, then you just need to do the following:

1) Connect midi out from PNW breakout (I use the PEXP-2 but it will be the same for PEXP-1) to the Digitakt Midi In
2) Make sure Digitakt is set to receive Clock Receive (p.55 in the manual)
3) Press Start on PNW

I then have the midi out of Digitakt plugged into CVOCD to control modules with CV. I mostly use paired up outputs A-B and C-D used to send note & envelope cv to two diff modules. Note info is easy to output and to do envelopes:

1) Set digitakt midi track to the relevant midi channel
2) On Filter page, turn on at filter #1, but don't turn it up
3) On Source page, set #1 to the correct CV (mapped via CVOCD config tool)
4) On LFO page, set up the following:
- Dest: The CV Val 1
- Wave: Exponential
- SPH: 0
- Mode: HLF
- Dep: Max
- Spd & Mult: Whatever you want for your envelope time
SCOOBA_TANK
LongLostDonut wrote:
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:

Thanks in advance!

If you are just looking to clock DT from PNW, then you just need to do the following:

1) Connect midi out from PNW breakout (I use the PEXP-2 but it will be the same for PEXP-1) to the Digitakt Midi In
2) Make sure Digitakt is set to receive Clock Receive (p.55 in the manual)
3) Press Start on PNW

I then have the midi out of Digitakt plugged into CVOCD to control modules with CV. I mostly use paired up outputs A-B and C-D used to send note & envelope cv to two diff modules. Note info is easy to output and to do envelopes:

1) Set digitakt midi track to the relevant midi channel
2) On Filter page, turn on at filter #1, but don't turn it up
3) On Source page, set #1 to the correct CV (mapped via CVOCD config tool)
4) On LFO page, set up the following:
- Dest: The CV Val 1
- Wave: Exponential
- SPH: 0
- Mode: HLF
- Dep: Max
- Spd & Mult: Whatever you want for your envelope time

HOT DAMN!!!! THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I needed.
LongLostDonut
SCOOBA_TANK wrote:

HOT DAMN!!!! THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I needed.

No worries - someone else asked for the Sysex set up for CVOCD - attached is what I use in conjunction with the instructions above.

Setup:
- A & B mapped to midi channel 1, with B set to CC2
- C & D mapped to midi channel 2, with D set to CC2

- 1 & 2 are mapped to midi channel 1, set to send gate and trigger respectively. This is useful if you want to use a modular envelope instead of the Digitakt... or maybe want to send a crazy clock based on a programmed track.
- 3 & 4 the same as 1 & 2, except for midi channel 2

- 5-12 are all set to output clocks of various divisions. I find these aren't 100% stable when you are clocking PNW -> Digitakt -> CVOCD -> Modular but they're very handy to have around for non-essential clocking duties.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6