MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Digitakt/Euro Integration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author Digitakt/Euro Integration
BDProject
LongLostDonut wrote:

1) Connect midi out from PNW breakout (I use the PEXP-2 but it will be the same for PEXP-1) to the Digitakt Midi In

One thing that may be useful for others using the PEXP-2: I just did this yesterday and had to move the jumpers at the back of the PEXP-2 (there's a reference to this in the PNW manual). Before I did this, the Digitakt wouldn't react and I was freaking out a little grin
rosten
I'm using the digitakt through a mutant brain. Seems to works nicely and be pretty solid timing-wise.-
I'm sending tracks 9-12 with gate and cv through A-D and tracks 13-18 as trigs/clocks. One of those trigs is clocking a tempi which divides and sends it around from there. I also really like sending the trigs directly to the x and y clocks of Rene2 - and I particularly like using irregular rhythm patterns on those trigs to cycle through the Rene positions to play with different rhythms and melodies sh-101 style.

I'm thinking of swapping out the Tempi for a PNW and curious if anyone has tried using the Digitakt to clock a PNW through a CV.OCD or mutant brain. Is this foolish
soon_come
Not foolish - wise.

I use the Digitakt and CV.OCD to clock PNW regularly. Trig conditions / parameter locks on the DT plus Pamela’s RSkip and CV bring tears of joy to my eyes.
BDProject
rosten wrote:
I'm thinking of swapping out the Tempi for a PNW and curious if anyone has tried using the Digitakt to clock a PNW through a CV.OCD or mutant brain. Is this foolish

I'm doing this (because I want to take advantage of the Digitakt's ability to save a BPM per pattern to play live), but I'm still having issues with PNW not running instantly (I think it's waiting for the next clock tick, and Digitakt never stop sending clock).

If someone knows of a workaround, or a way to manually reset PNW on the downbeat, please let me know!
soon_come
Quote:

I'm doing this (because I want to take advantage of the Digitakt's ability to save a BPM per pattern to play live), but I'm still having issues with PNW not running instantly (I think it's waiting for the next clock tick, and Digitakt never stop sending clock).

Ah, I think you're out of luck there. As far as I understand it, Pam's waits for the second clock tick to calculate the BPM, it's not just a matter of a simple clock tick -> advance the sequence. Other sequencers do work that way, but I'm almost sure you won't be able to get PNW to change tempo in this way. I actually tried some experiments myself with a manually controlled square LFO, no dice. I'm guessing (by definition) it should react quicker if you set a higher resolution clock in the master settings, but then you'd have to provide that higher frequency clock as well... and there will still be a delay while it awaits the second ping. hmmm.....
rosten
Just spitballin' here, but maybe you could set a gate from the cv.ocd to trigger in to one of Pam's cv-ins or the RUN input and set this up to load a new bank (that you'd have set to the bpm you want matched?)

I realize this may be an overly cumbersome solution.
BDProject
Thanks all, I'll give it another try and report back smile
BDProject
It took me a while to get it to work, but here's what did the trick:
- 24 ppqn clock ticks from Mutant Brains out to PNW. A lower ppqn value or division causes PNW to wait for the next clock tick before running, therefore things become off-beat.
- In the Brains config file, regular trigger caused PNW's clock to be unstable. Selecting a short trigger length (2ms) fixed the issue! Super stable so far
rosten
Quote:
In the Brains config file, regular trigger caused PNW's clock to be unstable. Selecting a short trigger length (2ms) fixed the issue! Super stable so far

This!

So glad for this forum. I was losing my mind trying to get these jammers to sync (for some reason Pam's just lost it last night). Thanks for reporting back and saving me some headaches!
nomanslad
Hey fellas,

Finally took a bullet (financially) and scored a digitakt - looking forward to have it become the brain of the set up. w00t
What do you advise between the mutant brains and fh-2?

Thanks !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6