MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Digitakt/Euro Integration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Digitakt/Euro Integration
61050
So I just picked up a Digitakt. If my goal was to just use the Digitakt midi channels as note sequencers only... which module should I be looking at that will convert the 8 midi channels to sequencer data in my modular? modulation and other stuff is covered already, so i really only need note and gate(note on/off) data. is there anything simple that can do this? i read over the manual for the shuttle control... hmmm.....

looks like the befaco midithing would be the way to go here for simplicity. could i get two of those and have channel 1-4 go to one, and channel 5-8 go to the other one?

midi is kinda like spanish for me. i know enough that if i got lost in mexico, i could probably find my way back to the us well enough, but holding an actual conversation with a native speaker isn't going to happen. i need a midi to cv converter 'for dummies' basically. smile
behndy
the Endorphin.es Shuttle Control is POWERFUL and simple as butts.

just plug into it, launch the Web App that is really well designed, assign what you want each CV to do.

and you can save a bunch of different profiles, so you can have a main one where the 16 outs are paired 8 gate/pitch outs, or get WEIRD with it, then pop back to the Old Reliable super easily.

love it.
drowld
behndy wrote:
the Endorphin.es Shuttle Control is POWERFUL and simple as butts.

just plug into it, launch the Web App that is really well designed, assign what you want each CV to do.

and you can save a bunch of different profiles, so you can have a main one where the 16 outs are paired 8 gate/pitch outs, or get WEIRD with it, then pop back to the Old Reliable super easily.

love it.


Can iuse it to be a 4 voice and 8 additional whatever i want so i can plock from digitakt ?
Wick
drowld wrote:
behndy wrote:
the Endorphin.es Shuttle Control is POWERFUL and simple as butts.

just plug into it, launch the Web App that is really well designed, assign what you want each CV to do.

and you can save a bunch of different profiles, so you can have a main one where the 16 outs are paired 8 gate/pitch outs, or get WEIRD with it, then pop back to the Old Reliable super easily.

love it.


Can iuse it to be a 4 voice and 8 additional whatever i want so i can plock from digitakt ?


thats a good question i would like to know also
behndy
you can definitely set 4 or the outs to be different notes at a time, but it would take up a MIDI track per note if you want to do chords.

sorry if i'm misunderstanding the question.
drowld
Yes so i've looked a bit and apparently what i was asking is doable. I can have output 1-8 handling 4 channel of cv&gate and having 9-16 used for whatever cc i want to send with the digitakt to euro.

I'm buying one yeeehhh
Funky40
the shuttle control has 16 CV outs,
and ALL of them are totally freely to set what they should send out.
( within the reasons of the sowtware which allows for ALOTS )

To my knowledge is the shuttle control so far the only midi2Cv module that is totally free programmable.

The FH-1 is to my knowledge not.
exactly above asked scenario for example would not work on the FH-1 *to my knowledge*
Funky40
please, anybody interested in a bigger Shuttle Control,
send Andreas from endorphin.es a module request !!


can´t be it to buy two shuttle controls.
first the money, second the hassle with the connections, .....to Editor and also to DT/serquenzing box


i´d say, the market is here !
and who is the first to serve is the first to sell......
Wick
Funky40 wrote:
please, anybody interested in a bigger Shuttle Control,
send Andreas from endorphin.es a module request !!


can´t be it to buy two shuttle controls.
first the money, second the hassle with the connections, .....to Editor and also to DT/serquenzing box


i´d say, the market is here !
and who is the first to serve is the first to sell......


a bigger shuttle control would be a great idea. that way endorphines can eliminate the power supply side of the module
behndy
i believe they pop into this thread sometimes -


https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137847

and i've chatted through IG and email, super friendly and helpful folks.
mattsb
drowld wrote:
I can have output 1-8 handling 4 channel of cv&gate and having 9-16 used for whatever cc i want to send with the digitakt to euro.


An FH-1 + Expander can do this no problem. Did it yesterday.
PM33AUD
2x FH-1 and 2x FHX-1 for us... for a dual OT rig. Of course MIDI is a really outdated, jittery, slow mess but we had sub 10ms overall latency between the two rigs with our 'worst-case' test running 16 MIDI tracks, a few Plock'd CCs for 'CV recorders', etc.

Also, for those interested, I have a guide for some scripting for the FH-1 that might be of use here The ES stuff is great but because they are extremely powerful units - pretty much all of his stuff is - there is a steep learning curve.

I think we've pushed how far you can realistically go with MIDI sequencing from the OT. It's doable, but you'll need to spend some time figuring out a decent clocking and MIDI routing scheme when you care about accurate (enough) clocking, jitter, or latency between your instrument events.

Also, keep in mind that the many internal LFOs of the FH-1 mean you don't have to send continuous LFO MIDI CCs out from the OT or DT which will save lots of MIDI messages from being sent. Same for PB (we just use legato glides). You then use the OT/DT parameter pages to 'set up' the FH-1's internal LFOs and glide times, etc. The FH-1 smoothing and ability to 'add' waveforms, random, etc. gives you a very powerful modulation source. It's rather powerful and this was the only way we could keep the latency down low enough. MIDI is SLOOOW. We were actually to the point we were using the CUE outputs as triggers for some of the drums to keep the MIDI timing errors within reason.
drowld
PM33AUD wrote:
2x FH-1 and 2x FHX-1 for us... for a dual OT rig. Of course MIDI is a really outdated, jittery, slow mess but we had sub 10ms overall latency between the two rigs with our 'worst-case' test running 16 MIDI tracks, a few Plock'd CCs for 'CV recorders', etc.


It's nice and 10ms is workable latency.
The shuttle control looks easier to handle with the desktop app and more output by default/more expensive but it's just not expandable and to my taste ugly. The fact that you can connect 2 source also is really nice

1xFH-1+1xFHX-1 gives 16 output its pretty neat and cheaper than shuttle control

I could get 2 and be set for 24 output which is a lot.

Btw it has nothing to do with the module directly but i'm using es-3/es-6 to control with Ableton and i think silent way kinda sucks.. But it's the daw environment which is hard to work with. But the plugins could be better laid out. It's just not that easy to control euro with the modules than it seems to be with the fh-1
Buttons ARE toys
latti wrote:
I use CV.OCD with my Digitakt and I have a 2-voice modular system. So I can set up track 9+10 with ch1&2 controlling my 2-voices. And the cool thing about this, at least according to me, is that you can set up track 11+12, 13+14, 15+16 with the same midi channels, setting up different patterns, and then you can mute/unmute between the different patterns. Allowing you to have multiple patterns, on the same pattern! Long sentence...

Really happy with this combination and it has opened up a lot of new possibilites for me smile


I thought I read somewhere a while back that the CV.OCD fits into a 1u rack space, but now I'm not finding that anywhere. Can you confirm if that's accurate?
Funky40
drowld wrote:

Can iuse it to be a 4 voice and 8 additional whatever i want so i can plock from digitakt ?


mattsb wrote:
drowld wrote:
I can have output 1-8 handling 4 channel of cv&gate and having 9-16 used for whatever cc i want to send with the digitakt to euro.


An FH-1 + Expander can do this no problem. Did it yesterday.

check the different phrasing. i had the above one in mind with my Re.

additional CC vs. additional whatever.
makes a difference that people should be aware.
*as far i understand* , and i would say that was IIRC stated this way by OS himself,
can´t you for example use the additional ones in aboves 4 (minimal-) voice szenario as drumtriggers, triggered from one midi channel by different notes.
( the FH-1 basic (IIRC) midi CH 12 szenario )
the FH-1 is NOT fully flexible. i have one myself and asked these things.......bevore i went ahead and bought a SC vs. more expanders for the FH-1.
*...but i could be wrong. So if anybody can prove or deny what i´m saying would it be very welcome.


not nitpicking here. but i know how hard it is to buy the wrong one respectivly to buy twice.
it was btw. OS who gave Endorhin.es a hand to make the SC work with the USB port on the digitakt ( by my request)
both are very Great Guys !
spinalbeatz
BUMP! I'm looking for some advice. Looking to pick up a MIDI module that will help me with my PNW, Digitakt & Ableton combo.

To start, I want Ableton transport to control the Digitakt since I use Ableton to record. Currently doing this by having the Digitakt hooked up to my computer via USB. So I assume this eliminates being able to use the ES FH1 confused

I'd like to run the Digitakt MIDI out into a module that will allow me to Clock/Run Pamela's New Workout AND give me multiple channels of CV.

Any recommendations? Befaco MIDI thing seems like the perfect option but I'm unable to build one myself and finding an assembled model seems to be expensive. I was looking at Yarns as well but if I wanted MIDI clock/run it looks like I'd only be able to use 2 MIDI/CV channels...
fjoesz
I'm using shuttle control with digitakt and protools
protools sends a clock or even midi to shutle control
shuttle control passes clock and start/stop through to digitakt
digitakt sends midi to shuttle control
all works fine
and then you have still one more usb left to charge your phone or something grin
budinis
maybe this gear/module is the perfect partner for digitakt integrating in modular?! --> http://www.edv-technik-ts.de/index.html

I don't own the MUC nor the Digitakt but thinking about getting both!!!
spinalbeatz
Can someone explain to me how the Expert Sleepers FH-1 connects to the Digitakt? Do I need some sort of USB / MIDI box or does the Digitakt go straight into the FH-1 via USB?
Artaos
spinalbeatz wrote:
Can someone explain to me how the Expert Sleepers FH-1 connects to the Digitakt? Do I need some sort of USB / MIDI box or does the Digitakt go straight into the FH-1 via USB?


You can use the USB cable that comes with the Digitakt. Just plug in the Digitakt to the FH-1 USB input and you are good to go.
Artaos
spinalbeatz wrote:
BUMP! I'm looking for some advice. Looking to pick up a MIDI module that will help me with my PNW, Digitakt & Ableton combo.

To start, I want Ableton transport to control the Digitakt since I use Ableton to record. Currently doing this by having the Digitakt hooked up to my computer via USB. So I assume this eliminates being able to use the ES FH1 confused

I'd like to run the Digitakt MIDI out into a module that will allow me to Clock/Run Pamela's New Workout AND give me multiple channels of CV.

Any recommendations? Befaco MIDI thing seems like the perfect option but I'm unable to build one myself and finding an assembled model seems to be expensive. I was looking at Yarns as well but if I wanted MIDI clock/run it looks like I'd only be able to use 2 MIDI/CV channels...


I have a Digitakt, which clocks Pamela's NW using Din Sync (just need a midi cable and a midi->din sync adapter cable), and which also connects to a Befaco Midi Thing for sequencing. (I don't use the clock outputs of the Midi Thing with this setup.)
Funky40
budinis wrote:
maybe this gear/module is the perfect partner for digitakt integrating in modular?! --> http://www.edv-technik-ts.de/index.html

I don't own the MUC nor the Digitakt but thinking about getting both!!!

i heard only good things about this device. though the older one.
the new unit is even more capable.

would be my choice right now for a unit for din-midi connection ( vs. USB )
nolongerhuman
I've worked a Digitakt into my set up and have it working pretty well via an Intellijel uMidi, but I am wondering how to handle the fact that the Digitakt always sends clock, even when stopped.

There doesn't seem to be a practical way to pause a patch or stop it without unpatching. It may be something I'm missing, I'm definitely not experienced with external sequencers.
p@@@nts
nolongerhuman wrote:
I've worked a Digitakt into my set up and have it working pretty well via an Intellijel uMidi, but I am wondering how to handle the fact that the Digitakt always sends clock, even when stopped.

There doesn't seem to be a practical way to pause a patch or stop it without unpatching. It may be something I'm missing, I'm definitely not experienced with external sequencers.


I think there’s a uMidi firmware update on the Intellijel website that fixes that issue.
nolongerhuman
p@@@nts wrote:


I think there’s a uMidi firmware update on the Intellijel website that fixes that issue.


I'll be damned, there is.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 4 of 6
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group