MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Digitakt/Euro Integration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Digitakt/Euro Integration
jambirn
Hi guys,
For those of you with the Digitakt, can you tell me how you've integrated it into your eurorack rig for performance purposes? I'd like to expand my drum palette with the Digitakt.
Thank you--
Jim
Alume
You could convert its midi sequencing to pitch, gate etc

Or you could convert midi messages to triggers to trigger drums and other nonsense.

Other than that it depends on your setup and what you'd like to use for, specifically.
Ceri JC
I have just bought an Intellijel MuMidi for this purpose. I will probably stick to using my Analogue 4's CV out for notes, but intend to use the Digitakt for transport (Run, Reset) and Clock duties.

I have one of the FX sends of my mixer (that the Digitakt goes into) rigged up to an input into the Eurorack, so I can also use Eurorack modules for an FX chain that puts the Digitakt's onboard effects to shame.

I will eventually build a Eurorack case for drums, but even then, my live setup will likely still use a Digitakt for triggering drums and samples. Small size/low cost/UI is very hard to beat.

Like Jambirn, I would be interested to hear how others are using theirs.
tauburn
I have digitakt connected to yarns so theres up to four tracks of cv and gate.
jimi23
I'm waiting on the Digitakt to come back into stock near me, but the plan is to use my Shuttle Control. 16 flexible CV outs, should be able to parameter lock control voltages, output drum triggers, cv/gate, envelopes, LFOs. Quantised and fluctuating random voltages. Looks like it has a built in arpeggiator now as well. All parameters are set by midi CCs so should interface nicely with the Digitakt
billyk419
Been thinking about getting a Digitakt for a while now. I'm planning on using my FH-1 and one or two of the FHX-1 expanders to get all kinds of MIDI info from the Digitakt into my case w00t
theflyingfridge
billyk419 wrote:
Been thinking about getting a Digitakt for a while now. I'm planning on using my FH-1 and one or two of the FHX-1 expanders to get all kinds of MIDI info from the Digitakt into my case w00t

I do this with my Octatrack. It's pretty mad what you can do with this combo...

Rockin' Banana!
billyk419
theflyingfridge wrote:

I do this with my Octatrack. It's pretty mad what you can do with this combo...

Rockin' Banana!

I got all kinds of ideas in my head but I'm sure it'll just explode when I actually get my hands on it nanners
jambirn
Hey Billy/Fridge or anyone else --- tell me, how would you use the FH-1 with the Digitakt or Octatrack? I'm interested in its onboard LFOs and etc...
Jim
billyk419
You could easily have all 8 channels of CV (with or without velocity and after touch), multiple ways of having LFO's and CC P-Locks, clock, etc...

Definitely not the easiest module to wrap your head around at first, but with some RTFM and experimentation, I haven't seen much that comes close to sending as much information.

These two charts are particularly helpful:

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1CCs.html

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1notes.html
limpmeat
I love the Vermona QMI with my OT.

4 voices of cv gate with 2 extra assignable cvs per voice. Also 3 different clock outs and a reset out.
adh82
Shuttle control hands down!
mattsb
Digitakt and some kind of "MIDI/CV" module are getting near the top of my shopping list so I am in the same boat. I have waffled back and forth between USB Midi (FH-1 being the leading contender in this category) and MIDI Classic (Yarns or Befaco's MIDI Thing being the contenders here). I had almost settled on classic MIDI for the sheer simplicity of the thing, but I am intrigued by "CC Plocks".

Could you expand on what that would enable ??

And does the Digitakt plug straight into the FH-1 or do I need some kind of iConnectivity box ?
thelizard
I'm waiting for my Digitakt to ship. In the meantime, I picked up a CV OCD, which is a standalone $100 box that does midi-to-CV conversion:
https://www.tindie.com/products/hotchk155/cvocd-a-super-flexible-midi- to-cv-box/

I haven't used it yet, but it has extremely good feedback here in the General Gear section. Plus, it's low-cost and doesn't take up case space or power.
jtregoat
jimi23 wrote:
I'm waiting on the Digitakt to come back into stock near me, but the plan is to use my Shuttle Control. 16 flexible CV outs, should be able to parameter lock control voltages, output drum triggers, cv/gate, envelopes, LFOs. Quantised and fluctuating random voltages. Looks like it has a built in arpeggiator now as well. All parameters are set by midi CCs so should interface nicely with the Digitakt

Wait wait, I was looking at it online but didn't get this functionality... PLock CVs?!? that's wild. I have an LXR so was thinking that could clock both euro and digitakt.

the only thing holding me back is the fact that it only has one stereo pair out. I'm wondering - since I saw this was an overbridge feature - if there could be some sort of raspberry pi based breakout box to get individual outs.. just a thought I had!
jambirn
Can anyone explain what PLock CVs will do? What's that all about?
Jim
thelizard
jambirn wrote:
Jim

A PLock is a "Parameter Lock". On Elektron sequencers, you can hold down a trigger and turn a knob to change the parameter for that step only. Using the MIDI sequencers, you can P-Lock a CC value. You can also attach trig conditions (i.e. probability, fill mode, other logic) to create generative behavior.
mattsb
thelizard wrote:
jambirn wrote:
Jim

A PLock is a "Parameter Lock". On Elektron sequencers, you can hold down a trigger and turn a knob to change the parameter for that step only. Using the MIDI sequencers, you can P-Lock a CC value. You can also attach trig conditions (i.e. probability, fill mode, other logic) to create generative behavior.

And, using an FH-1 can I somehow map those CC values to a CV value out of one of the jacks ?
thelizard
mattsb wrote:
thelizard wrote:
jambirn wrote:
Jim

And, using an FH-1 can I somehow map those CC values to a CV value out of one of the jacks ?

I don't have an FH-1, so I couldn't tell you the exact steps... but yes, it's possible. The FH-1, Shuttle Control, Yarns, Ansible, and CV OCD can convert CC values to CV.
Paranormal Patroler
Don't listen to these people, join the dark side, get a CV-to-MIDI module (ADDAC221, ADDAC222, Doepfer a-192-1, Doepfer a-192-2, Ladik M218) and have your modular control the Digitakt! Darth Vader
thelizard
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Don't listen to these people, join the dark side, get a CV-to-MIDI module (ADDAC221, ADDAC222, Doepfer a-192-1, Doepfer a-192-2, Ladik M218) and have your modular control the Digitakt! Darth Vader

theflyingfridge
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

This is possible with the FH-1... at least clocking. The FH-1 can be clocked from a CV source in your modular and send it to its source. It can get pretty wild clocking the Octatrack with different divisions of a master clock. Sequencing gets bonkers, especially if you have wonky samples playing on the OT. Slow down, speed up, P-locks, sampling your modular through the OT and then resampling that.

The thing that I like about the FH-1 is that it has its own internal LFO's that you can drive with cc's. If you try to use the OT's LFO's with a cc to cv converter, you will likely hear some stepping.
latti
I use CV.OCD with my Digitakt and I have a 2-voice modular system. So I can set up track 9+10 with ch1&2 controlling my 2-voices. And the cool thing about this, at least according to me, is that you can set up track 11+12, 13+14, 15+16 with the same midi channels, setting up different patterns, and then you can mute/unmute between the different patterns. Allowing you to have multiple patterns, on the same pattern! Long sentence...

Really happy with this combination and it has opened up a lot of new possibilites for me smile
jtregoat
total hijack but related -

for those who want to integrate digitakt into your setup... i'm guessing you have a mixer and would like individual outs!

if you're a DIYer maybe you can help with a breakout box idea that I have:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185134&highlight=
shred
latti wrote:
I use CV.OCD with my Digitakt and I have a 2-voice modular system. So I can set up track 9+10 with ch1&2 controlling my 2-voices. And the cool thing about this, at least according to me, is that you can set up track 11+12, 13+14, 15+16 with the same midi channels, setting up different patterns, and then you can mute/unmute between the different patterns. Allowing you to have multiple patterns, on the same pattern! Long sentence...

Really happy with this combination and it has opened up a lot of new possibilites for me smile

wow great idea!
i keep thinking i want something in the rack but the cv.ocd is a lot of bang for buck
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3