MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Re-introducing the ADDAC802R VCA Quintet Reversed Panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Re-introducing the ADDAC802R VCA Quintet Reversed Panel
ADDAC System
Hey!

We thought you'd be interested to know that we know offer the ADDAC802 with reversed front panel in case you want to have your jacks on top. It's available in both red & black versions

Features:
5 Channel Mixer
1 Master Output
External input into the Mix channel for daisy chaining.
2 independent mixing paths, Solo and Mix
Mix Output includes a 6th VCA with Pre and Post outputs

Each of the 5 channels has:
. VCA with initial Knob
. Monitor LED
. Independent output
. Linear or logarithmic control
. Solo/Off/Mix switch that routes their audio to the Solo Channel or the Mix channel. In Off position the VCA does not go to the outputs.

All 5 VCA's can be used separately for different sources (audio or cv) or mix in 2 different chains.

Outputs:
. 1 Pre Master VCA output
. 1 Post Master VCA output
. 1 Solo output

The Solo line is also intended for Pre Listening purposes, using this output to connect your headphones through some headphone amplifier module.

Check it out here!
Modular Grid post here!
flo
Nice thumbs up

It's really just a reversed face plate, right? I.e., the knobs turn the "wrong" way around, I guess? At least the labelling would imply so...
ADDAC System
flo wrote:
Nice thumbs up

It's really just a reversed face plate, right? I.e., the knobs turn the "wrong" way around, I guess? At least the labelling would imply so...

zombie The labeling needs to be redone - ignore the INIT/ATT labeling, we'll change it! Here's an image that indicates the knob movement.

flo
Ah, very cool, so you switched around the knobs as well. Great to hear that! Most other modules with reverse panels do not do that at all. Much more intuitive to turn them the normal way around...
ADDAC System
flo wrote:
Ah, very cool, so you switched around the knobs as well. Great to hear that! Most other modules with reverse panels do not do that at all. Much more intuitive to turn them the normal way around...

Knobs go clockwise either way, I get confused sometimes as well! You can just buy the panel if you want.
asdfqwer
Hey one question about the mixer.

I didnt understand very well how the knobs work. Are they simply CV attenuators?

The video says in 2:23

Interesting: In "Init" position the signal is not processed by cv. Turning the knob counterclokwise will blend in the cv-signal

https://vimeo.com/87697267

Can anyone explain what does mean? seriously, i just don't get it

-EDIT-

Just found the answer Mr. Green

up to 12 o'clock it's a CV attenuator, then after 12 o'clock you start to offset the level from 0 (additionally to the CV in)
flo
asdfqwer wrote:
up to 12 o'clock it's a CV attenuator, then after 12 o'clock you start to offset the level from 0 (additionally to the CV in)

thumbs up It's a nice and unique implementation, I like it a lot. The 802 is a workhorse SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
flo wrote:
asdfqwer wrote:

thumbs up It's a nice and unique implementation, I like it a lot. The 802 is a workhorse SlayerBadger!

That's actually a great solution to the Attenuation/Offset dilemma. You kinda lose half the range of the knob but then again, it's such a nice option to have right? We should make all manufacturers do this. Gaddam, how come nobody thought of this before?!?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1