MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Pet peeves in eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Pet peeves in eurorack
Maalis
You know, it's always the little things. Share your modular annoyances. One of mine is the look of MN modules. Literally the only thing that prevents me from buying loads of their modules is because they look so annoying.
thetaflux
Likewise, but for me it's the Endorphin.es modules... i don't even mind the panel designs, i just wish they had an option other than mustard yellow confused

The grand terminal is still one of the sickest modules in euro, so i'll just bite the bullet and get one anyway. maybe i'll make my own panel or something.
lisa
People who don't like the look of MN modules. headcrabs! wink

No but seriously, to me most modules look like shit. Few makers in this field employ a graphic designer.
richc90
Combo knobs.
Avjr
It is indeed the small things.

Cramped modules and tiny knobs.
waveglider
Cheat sheets.
captjrab
As has been said a million times before, Greayscale makes simple easy to understand well labled panels for many Make Noise modules. We all have our peeves but that one is an easy fix.
jwm
complaining threads
Avjr
jwm wrote:
complaining threads

Responding on threads.
TemplarK
The realisation that as soon as you get that module you want you realise you need another just as bad. Forever. And ever.
Dcramer
Generally I like Euro, even with its faults, but...
very frustrating
The power supply situation Dead Banana
c0nsumer
Dcramer wrote:
very frustrating

It's almost like the lack of regulatory compliance in the Eurorack space (because almost nothing is sold as a complete system) has it's downsides.
Groundloop
That most of the really cool stuff, or at least the stuff I'm really interested in, is almost never in stock at either of my local shops.

At least once a week I find that I have way too many cables that are either way too long, or way too short, for the patch I'm trying to do.

No standardization of screw head sizes.
Nothing the manufacturers can do will me make me a better musician/producer/sound designer. sad banana
mskala
People wanting stereo mixers inside the rack.
JohnLRice
I don't like the 3.5mm jacks and patch cables. (hides)
Tropic Al
c0nsumer wrote:
Dcramer wrote:
very frustrating

It's almost like the lack of regulatory compliance in the Eurorack space (because almost nothing is sold as a complete system) has it's downsides.

Yes for me the most annoying thing is that every module and case doesn't come with the power connector plug thing that prevents you from plugging in the power cable the wrong way.
Barlov
Constant GAS combined with lack of rack space.
Joe.
Modules with no CV or Gate inputs seriously, i just don't get it
Umcorps
Dcramer wrote:

+1

And the lack of standardisation for CV ranges. 2.5v, 5v, 8v, 10v? Got all of those in my case d'oh!
weekdayworrier
Powered cases with too few connectors. Especially when they are shallow, since then you end up having to jam a flying bus cable creatively around the deeper modules.
akrylik
Is it just me, or does the OP's "pet peeve" not make any sense? There are so many euro manufacturer's to choose from with a huge variety of styles and looks so that complaining about the look of one of them seems rather intolerant. It serves no purpose other than to insult the designer of MN modules. seriously, i just don't get it
AlanP
Modules that make me look up the manual when I use them.
bemushroomed
Cables hihi yes its fine as long as you are doing something simplistic, but complex patches with tons of modules involved, it can get annoying... Module placement makes very little difference really, Velcro straps is a must and helps somewhat.

Sometimes i've been thinking i should make some 2HP blinds with ~8 holes for cables and then run some quite long cables internally from one side to the other etc.

Sliding nuts. I can't get over how idiotic it is.
richc90
akrylik wrote:
Is it just me, or does the OP's "pet peeve" not make any sense?

Aye. A pet peeve is supposed to something that is a minor annoyance to most people to a major annoyance to the person in question. An aesthetic preference is not a pet peeve.

Another pet peeve: pedantry.
Jumbuktu
bemushroomed wrote:

Sliding nuts. I can't get over how idiotic it is.

I don't like them either - but calling them 'idiotic' is just being unnecessarily provocative. They are one quite sensible approach to the task of securing modules in a rack, and the endless debates demonstrate that those that like them have legitimate reasons for so doing. How can their existence be a 'pet peeve', since you obviously won't and don't use them? Or in your ideal world would they simply not be permitted, even if there was a demand for them?

Sticking my own neck out now - my pet peeve is threads that talk about 'build quality' when they really mean 'look and feel'.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15