MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Separate voltage values for MARF program sections
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Separate voltage values for MARF program sections
sandettie
I'm using an ATSS 248-1602 MARF.

What I'm trying to accomplish: Set voltage levels for program section 1 with the sliders on the top row, and then set *different* voltage values for program section 2. What happens is that the slider values affect both programmed output sections. very frustrating

What I've tried: My understanding is that to set voltages for a given program section, you hit "Display" for that section; use the Stage No. switch to get to the stage for which you want to set the voltage, set the voltage using the slider in the top row, and move to the next stage.

To recap the problem: the slider values in the top row affect the voltage outputs for both program sections, regardless of "Display" being set for the program section I'm trying to program.

What am I missing?
ghostcode
I’m curious about this as well.

I will say, though, that if nothing else, you can change the start/stop points for both sections and split the sliders wherever you like.

I have had some success with using this to have 4 sequences running at once using an external clock.
snufkin
the ATSS MARF is just Terry's build up of Roman's clone DIY boards you might wanna check which version it is and search the forum for posts about that version.
mestlick
That's just how the MARF works, both program sections are reading the same 16 voltages and times. I think you could get two separate 16 step sequences, one from time and one from voltage, if you set every stage to stop and pulse through them. Probably something similar would work with voltage addressing.
I don't have a MARF yet, but I've read the manual.
sandettie
I did figure out how to divide the 16 voltage faders into 2 (or however many) sections, which can then have their own voltage values.

For the first section, I set a start on 1, stop on 8. For the second program section, I set a start on 9 and a stop on 16, and manually bring the stage address over to 9 before hitting the start switch.

In this way I can have qty 2, 8-step sequencers going with their own voltages and settings, running simultaneously. Guinness ftw!
cygmu
snufkin wrote:
the ATSS MARF is just Terry's build up of Roman's clone DIY boards you might wanna check which version it is and search the forum for posts about that version.

Hmmm, I just gave the ATSS site some traffic and read that the MARF has "the latest 1.2 firmware". I don't think Roman distributes a firmware version beyond 1.0 does he? Confused!

[EDIT: never mind. Found it.]
memes_33
if you are not using the interval time sliders on the bottom row (i.e. advancing stages with an external pulse), you can use their output voltages as different sequence stages (accessed via "Time" output on programmed output sections)

it took me a while to wrap my head around the MARF as i wanted to use it as a simple sequencer. i sort of had to think backwards and realized this thing is sooooo much more deep and capable than simple step sequencing. i've had it for a while now, but only scratching the surface in terms of ways to use it.
flabby
memes_33 wrote:
if you are not using the interval time sliders on the bottom row (i.e. advancing stages with an external pulse), you can use their output voltages as different sequence stages (accessed via "Time" output on programmed output sections.

I'm presuming you can't quantize the 'time' outputs?

In response to the OP and what others are saying, you basically have he same CV and time outputs coming out of both program sections, no?
memes_33
flabby wrote:

I'm presuming you can't quantize the 'time' outputs?

from what i understand, no.

you could probably route the "time" outputs to a stage you are not using, set that stage to "external" and "quantize", then quantize that signal, but that's a pretty roundabout way and you would lose one of your stages to that quantization feature.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1