MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Livewire - Any news? And Dalek CV tracking question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Livewire - Any news? And Dalek CV tracking question
jiblite
mornin'

Does anyone have any Livewire info/news?

Its looks like out of the 6 released modules, only 4 are in production.

The Dual Cyclotron and Frequensteiner appear to be off the menu, does anyone know why? The DC was being redesigned or something to do with a part being unavailable?

And then the (huge) list of all planned modules

Sub Divider

Chaos Computer

Random Gates

Analogue Computation

X-Mod Controller (works with Hertz Donut also huh? ????)

Audio Compositor (works with Hertz Donut also huh? ????)

Flux Capacitor

More Synthasystem remakes

A Livewire version of the "Mindmeld"?

Any news on these?

With the Dalek Mod, the CV inputs are stated as not being 1v/oct - does anyone know what scale they do perform at?

Thanks in advance; some of these would truely make my anus bleed MY ASS IS BLEEDING

/Ben
mildheadwound
I'm not sure about their current situation. but parts do become too difficult to maintain sometimes. I hear some great stuff about the cyclotron. It's my understanding that some of those modules listed on the site are more or less one off concept pieces.

The mindmeld is amazing. You really have to get it to take advantage of the Vulcan. Attatching it for the lfo resets isn't as tricky as some lead on, but having to keep the units so close together kinda sucks. The logic switches and inserts make it highly functional. You may be waiting a while for the Livewire version.

The Dalek does actually track 1/v per octave if you have the potentiometers set right. It would be tricky, but it is doable, if you tune it. It's cv inputs affect the two oscillators, but really one acts as carrier and one as modulator, so there's always some bleed between the two, which can be bypassed by either an AC or DC signal. However, where it excels is the ringmod out. The sound is like radio telemetrics spilling out from their towers, and drifting across the invisible landscapes of dead receivers. It really is an evil robot fm sound generator.
jonkull
I wonder if the Dalek could be calibrated to 1v/oct with Silent Way's voice controller... I'll have to try that when I get home from work.
bubblesound
jonkull wrote:
I wonder if the Dalek could be calibrated to 1v/oct with Silent Way's voice controller... I'll have to try that when I get home from work.

i'd be pretty surprised if it worked. there is no tempco in the dalek and i think it is a linear VCO. you never know till you try it....
tempcos are pretty crucial for tracking.
READYdot
Are the other 4 modules mentioned before still in production? Is there noone on here that is close to the Livewire guys so we can get some info on future releases or if spending some more money on a Cyclotron is worth it in case it won't be reedited?
nathankirchner
bubblesound wrote:
jonkull wrote:

i'd be pretty surprised if it worked. there is no tempco in the dalek and i think it is a linear VCO. you never know till you try it....

Metasonix R-60 will get the Dalek to track.
jiblite
wetterberg
bubblesound wrote:
jonkull wrote:

it works. It totally works, and you can get the weirdest things to track 1v/oct with Silent Way; qmmg and Doepfer a-106-1 xtreme filter springs to mind.
Veqtor
It will probably lose its track with the slightest gust of wind though applause
giorgio
i think i've heard enough. i must get a silent way setup immediately.

wetterberg wrote:
bubblesound wrote:
jonkull wrote:

it works. It totally works, and you can get the weirdest things to track 1v/oct with Silent Way; qmmg and Doepfer a-106-1 xtreme filter springs to mind.
jiblite
blank reply was meant to have some info from the livewire facebook pages, namely;

Brian Bowhay is the Dual Cyclotron gone? (please say we will see it again)
26 March

Livewire Electronics nope... not gone. just going thru a minor redesign.

and more photos of chaos comp

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4031399&id=301279517212
isaaclevy
so, it does track 1v/oct with silent way then.

how good is this? how stable is this?

thanks advanced.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1