MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sequence of Serum to Midi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Sequence of Serum to Midi
abhirama
Hi All,

I am not a person who has come to perfection in hearing and identifying notes. I have a sequence going in serum, which i wanted to extract midi from the same. I am unable to get good results by converting melody to new rack in ableton, is there any way in serum to get the midi out of the sequence?

Also wanted to know if we can have a gated sequence, Since i see if i use LFO as a stepped sequence for semitone change, i am not able to gate it.

Thanks,
Abhirama.
oisin
hey - im not sure if i understand correctly, but i dont think serum will output any other midi than what you put into it .. if youre running some other midi effects in the same channel, re-recording the midi output into another channel sometimes helps capture some nice sequences wink
uniquepersonno2
If Serum has an actual sequencer in it (which I don't remember it having but I could just not have seen it) you should just be able to write out midi notes based off of the intervals in the sequencer (no ear required), i.e. step values 1, 7, 9, 11, 4 starting on C would be C, G, A, B, D#.
grillo
You will have to identify which lfo is doing the 'sequencing', it will look like a staircase shape probably and then deduce the note intervals for the sequence like uniquepersonno2 said.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1