MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midi to V/Octave using ES-8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Midi to V/Octave using ES-8
dp
I know there are loads of options out there but want to know what others are using. Currently I'm sending Ableton Midi to an iConnect midi2+ and then into 0-coast. But I find the 0-coast a bit hit or miss and the menu system sucks.

Does anyone use silent way for this or is there an easier option to get midi to v/octave straight out of the es-8 from Ableton

If there isn't a simple solution thinking Mutable CV pal

thanks
mateo
I don't have my ES-8 yet, but silent way should work, and there are a few max4live devices that do this as well.
dp
mateo wrote:
I don't have my ES-8 yet, but silent way should work, and there are a few max4live devices that do this as well.

Yeah seems a bit complex when all i want to do is convert mid to v/octave there must be a simple utility.

have been searching for m4l device nothing as yet

I use CV toolkit mini for clock and other basic things but that doesn't do midi to V/octave
Koralin
Max includes a scale object that can easily convert from one range to another. You can use that to map MIDI notes to voltages. I'm not sure if that's an option for you but it would be a very simple patch to do so.
nostalghia
mateo wrote:

I use CV toolkit mini for clock and other basic things but that doesn't do midi to V/octave

Full version of CV Toolkit does-comes with Note module (among others). $20 USD.
Supports Ableton Link (or can be used by itself), works with all the Expert Sleepers stuff or any DC coupled audio interface. Up to 8 analog outputs. Other packs available with lots of cool modules.
Haven't tried it myself, but may go this route if I get an ES-8 soon.

CV Toolkit 2.7 - standalone

From the manual:
"The Notes module lets you calibrate an oscillator and quantize signals from other modules in order to play melodies and sequences in a specific scale (which can be set in the Quant/MIDI page).
Check out the Calibration section of this manual for more information about the calibration process and how to save and restore calibration files.
When in Quantizer mode, the Notes module will stop receiving notes from the Pitch Bus and will only output quantized signals routed to the Main input of the module.

Gate Bus: —
Pitch Bus: Receives
Input 1 (Main): Quantizer Input
Input 2 (Control): —

Parameters:

Input Channel: selects the input channel which will be used for the calibration process.
Calibrate: initiates the calibration process.
Quantizer: activates the quantizer.
Transpose: transposes the output of the module by up to 24 semitones.
Calibration Mode: switches between the 1 V/oct and Hz/V modes.
Save: stores the calibration graph as a text file (.txt).
Load: loads an existing calibration file."
dp
ah cool, in the end I built a M.I, CVpal just works no faff.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1