MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Model 15 921B 1v/o
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Moog Model 15 921B 1v/o
StereoNode
Yo,

So I recently purchased a second model 15, with the hopes of doing some dope 5 voice para/poly pads via the ES-3/5 combo from euro... I as I was setting up silent way to check it out for the first time.. it hit me that I only have 4 options total for VCOs with the 2 model 15s since the 921bs are daul linked to the 921 drivers very frustrating I know that they have the AC & DC fm ins.. but is there any other way you guys can see the 1v/0 working with the individual 921b's?? How did I not think of this before hand Dead Banana
burdij
If your 921b oscillators are based on the mid-70s ('75-'77) schematic revision, the exponential current converters are located in each oscillator. The 921a oscillator control module contains only a voltage offset circuit to affect the tuning of multiple oscillators. With some modification of the 921a and/or the harness connecting the controller and oscillators it would be possible to implement a separate 1 V/Oct input for each oscillator and still maintain the function of the frequency control on the 921a.
StereoNode
Thank you so much man! SlayerBadger!
JohnLRice
Sweet, congrats on having two 15's! woah thumbs up

If it's not possible to modify one of your 921B VCOs or you just don't want to, you might consider just getting a small desktop case and put one or two non-Moog brand VCOs in it for your 5th voice?

If you are in a hurry, probably the quickest places to order from in the USA that have both VCO and small cases in stock are:
http://www.noisebug.net/
https://www.synthesizers.com/index.html
Synthoholic
Clones like the Moslab have a 921a disconnect switch. Maybe this is a modification that can somehow be implemented using a push-pull pot so you don't have to drill.
Klangzaun
How about club of the knobs' model 15? Has somebody checked it? I remember Kazike said, that the driver module is necessary.
Leverkusen
Klangzaun wrote:
How about club of the knobs' model 15? Has somebody checked it? I remember Kazike said, that the driver module is necessary.

CotK 921B work with the controller and simultaneously track 1v/oct via the exp in. So you can use them indepentely an transpose everything via the controller.

They also work as single units after setting a jumper on the PCB.
Klangzaun
Leverkusen wrote:
Klangzaun wrote:

CotK 921B work with the controller and simultaneously track 1v/oct via the exp in. So you can use them indepentely an transpose everything via the controller.

They also work as single units after setting a jumper on the PCB.

Just tried it. Thanks for clearing this. :-)
KSS
StereoNode wrote:
it hit me that I only have 4 options total for VCOs with the 2 model 15s since the 921bs are daul linked to the 921 drivers very frustrating I know that they have the AC & DC fm ins.. but is there any other way you guys can see the 1v/0 working with the individual 921b's?

https://synthworld.blogspot.com/2015/05/gettin-some-serious-control-of -moog-55.html

The whole blog is good reading, especially these moog modular mods.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1