MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Boss Classic Box Set
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Boss Classic Box Set
MindMachine
Sorry if old news:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BOX-40

The Behringer Spectrum does the job. In a plastic box.

But w00t
Cat-A-Tonic
$900 ? ! !

WTF ?

I do enjoy my old Ph-1r, but...
sduck
Meh. Those first boss boxes are interesting from a historical perspective, but as far as being classics, they weren't regarded as anything special when they came out - in fact they were regarded as cheap japanese clones of established pedals.
controlFreak
tha fuck? You can find those on craigslist for $20 a piece.
PrimateSynthesis
sduck wrote:
Meh. Those first boss boxes are interesting from a historical perspective, but as far as being classics, they weren't regarded as anything special when they came out - in fact they were regarded as cheap japanese clones of established pedals.

And I would be shocked if any of them have more than $10 worth of board parts. About half the OD-1 circuit is because a true-bypass switch would have cost more money.
dkcg
Ordered! nanners

I kid...I kid. I like the Waza Boss pedals, but $900 for 3 Boss pedals is nucking futz. Then again...lots of boutique pedals in the $300 range so maybe it's just a little nuts, like tinfoil hat, not quite asylum level.
mmagin
Ahh, Roland. Dead Banana
noobyscooby
It'd be nice to have a brand new Spectrum. Who cares about the other 2 but the price is nuts?

This is about 10 years behind. The market has plunged for guitar and pedal stuff compared to 10 years ago.
noobyscooby
Wow. Didnt know there was a behringer version of the Spectrum. Might be worth a lok for me.

Its just a one band eq but very handy on a pedalboard and live setting.
MindMachine
noobyscooby wrote:
Wow. Didnt know there was a behringer version of the Spectrum. Might be worth a lok for me.

Its just a one band eq but very handy on a pedalboard and live setting.

It is great. I have two of them. They cost like $20.00 each and are quiet enough. I use one in a chain with my Montreal Assy. CT-5 and Zvex Instant Lo-Fi. Typically with an Sk-1 or Yamaha Reface YC feeding an EH Mel9.

Very handy just to plug in places.

That box set is a joke. Their write up even hypes the Spectrum more than it has been hyped by collectors.

The Behringer is worth a try. I use a few of the Behringer clones of old discontinued pedals and they are mostly good.
gentle_attack
lolBOSS

noobyscooby wrote:
This is about 10 years behind. The market has plunged for guitar and pedal stuff compared to 10 years ago.

I'd add the caveat that the market for peds' is still strong as it was 10yrs ago... buuuut the market for stuff >$200 per box is practically non-existent other than high functioning DSP pedals and the occasional fad 'crazy transistor + hand made+etched' stuff

Brands like Fulltone have taken price reductions to stay relevant. Keeley is doing combo pedals (two full pedals in one box) to sell at the $220 price point. Who the hell is going to buy this?
tesserack
controlFreak wrote:
I think everyone's forgetting that these New Roland pedals come in a display box with a certificate of authenticity. Which means this is a bona fide limited edition collector's item. It's best to leave them sealed in an unopened box. eek!

"Comes in a deluxe display box"
"Numbered message card included"

But seriously I think Roland has become out of touch with its consumer base and instead is relying on marketing hype to sell product.
smetak
tesserack wrote:
controlFreak wrote:
I think everyone's forgetting that these New Roland pedals come in a display box with a certificate of authenticity. Which means this is a bona fide limited edition collector's item. It's best to leave them sealed in an unopened box. eek!

But seriously I think Roland has become out of touch with its consumer base and instead is relying on marketing hype to sell product.

I kind of liked it - the box is quite slick, very posh. Put it on display in my living room, next to my very exclusive collection of burgundy wine & meissen porcelain......
mateo
People spend thousands of dollars on relic'd guitars, which to me makes as much sense as this, so why not?
tesserack
smetak wrote:
tesserack wrote:
controlFreak wrote:

I kind of liked it - the box is quite slick, very posh. Put it on display in my living room, next to my very exclusive collection of burgundy wine & meissen porcelain......
yes it's very pretty. Good color pairing.
bitflip
Hahahaaahaaahahahhaha GTFO.

More like
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1