MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Krisp1 Discontinuity
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Krisp1 Discontinuity
aj55
Hi all,

Received the module this afternoon and after making a dotcom to cotk powercable I flipped the switch....

What an awesome module!!! This will keep me happy and experimenting for a long time ;-)

I wanted to go more westward (if that is still allowed to say...) and this module will surely go a long way!

Cheers Arnold
LED-man
Yes. That Module gives you more fun as a further VCO.
I love this module.
Gizmo
+1 thumbs up
kindredlost
Maybe not the most popular wave folder but certainly the most complete and beyond a simple wave folder. The ability to control (and of course voltage control) the clipping and clamping aspects of the wave fold along with the bias or symmetry of the wave form afford the user a greater degree of sound shaping.

When I got mine I sat for days with a single VCO and oscilloscope contemplating the ramifications of the module. Of course your ear is a much better tool. Saw waves through the thing are almost too much at times. I like to use more constrained waveforms like a triangle or sine into it for subtle transformations, but complex mixed waveforms can lead to surprising results as well. The major mojo happens with careful voltage control to threshold and judicious use of the Track/Oppose switch. The additional amplifier circuitry helps when dealing with harmonically challenged inputs.

For some phase shaping mayhem try to send the Clamp out put to a fast single tap doubling delay and filter, then return/mix it into the Discontinuity. Watch the feedback and levels! It can get nasty.

For instance...

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/335014715" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

I could be wrong but I think I have the first one Tony sent out into the wild. I bought it second-hand. It is a Schaeffer aluminum panel prototype with serial number 1. Built on June 14th, 2009. There could be some significant changes since then but I am happy with the version I have.

bwhittington
Glad it's working out! Seems perfect for your interests.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1