MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ableton: automating midi clip start and end points
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Ableton: automating midi clip start and end points
Moon Indigo
Hi all. I have experimented inside Live to find the answer to this, and done web searches. Haven't found the answer.

One of the things I love about Five12 Numerology is the ability to slap an LFO on sequence end points, and modulate between, say 6 and 8 steps. This adds real variety and a degree of polyrhythm which I dig.

Is there a way of achieving this in Ableton? The "position" and "length" parameters do what I want, but I can't see how to automate them.

Comments welcome!
alexander92
In Ableton. Lay down your sequence, bounce it to audio, put it in the Sampler device. Sampler is capable of Modulating start and end points with an LFO.
Moon Indigo
alexander92 wrote:
In Ableton. Lay down your sequence, bounce it to audio, put it in the Sampler device. Sampler is capable of Modulating start and end points with an LFO.

Hi! Thanks for the response. I am looking to do this in real time, so definitely need this to happen in midi, not audio. Cheers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1