MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Generative modulation of notes within Ableton midi clips/M4L
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Generative modulation of notes within Ableton midi clips/M4L
Moon Indigo
Hi again

Another thing I love to do in Five12 numerology is to modulate notes within a midi sequence.

Eg I might put an LFO on one note in a sequence, so it changes according to the LFO frequency.

I also love the generative/probabalistic functions that can be applied to noted - i.e. "10% probability of swapping two midi notes once every 4 bars"

I like to lay a sequence down, and then to apply generative modulation to it, so a loop is constantly changing, but in a manner associated with the previous iteration of the loop.

I would have thought there is something in M4L for this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
alexander92
I'm not quite sure if this device is right for you. But looking at the description it does what you ask:

http://fabriziopoce.com/steplocker.html

(And basically you need the LFO device which is included in the M4L esssentials bundle.)

Edit: Not sure if you can modulate midi notes. I think the steplocker focus is around parameters. You can dig a little deeper into it to see if it fits your needs. He is also very responsive.
Moon Indigo
alexander92 wrote:
I'm not quite sure if this device is right for you. But looking at the description it does what you ask:

http://fabriziopoce.com/steplocker.html

(And basically you need the LFO device which is included in the M4L esssentials bundle.)

Edit: Not sure if you can modulate midi notes. I think the steplocker focus is around parameters. You can dig a little deeper into it to see if it fits your needs. He is also very responsive.

This looks promising, thanks, will contact the dev.
gosh
I'm working on a M4L device which will do this plus much more. I'm hoping to have it finished soon. I'll post here when done.
Moon Indigo
gosh wrote:
I'm working on a M4L device which will do this plus much more. I'm hoping to have it finished soon. I'll post here when done.

Great! Keep me posted.
alexander92
Moon Indigo wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think I've found what you're looking for: MidiVolve
Moon Indigo
That does look damn close, thank for the tip!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1