MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

controlling silent way voice controller parameters via midi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author controlling silent way voice controller parameters via midi
seepaxton
Hi there,

I recently brought back from retirement, an arturia beatstep that has been kicking around my bedroom. i thought it would be a great idea to use it to control the 'offset' parameters going to each individual oscillator that i am controlling with the voice controller, (i am using it to control 3 vcos and one gate). it would be pretty handy to change octaves on the fly.

I am using logic pro x which i should mention also. using the midi learn function, i can assign a rotary encoder to each offset, no problem. the actual problem is that i cannot seem to get the rotary encoder to get to 0.0, so there is always an offset, either positive or negative of about 0.01.

I would imagine that this may be an issue with either the beatstep, logic or the combination of both, with silent way.

wondering if anyone might have any hints or tips on this?

cheers

conor
os
Are you using a built-in MIDI learn function in Logic, or are you using Silent Way Learner?
seepaxton
Hi There,

I was just using a built in learn function in logic. i must have skipped over the learner from silent way. i will try that now and report back.

Thank you for getting back to me,

Cheers,

Conor
seepaxton
that is after working a charm! thank you very much.

cheers

conor
seepaxton
Hi again.
I ran into another pitfall last night and wondering is it just a limitation I will have to live with?

I have set the min value on the beatstep controller to 64 and max value to 72.
The offset now goes from exactly 0, to 0.13 which should give me (in this instance, C being the starting note), G. Except it is slightly flat. The weird thing is when I manually enter 0.13 into the offset, it gives G bang on.
Is there anything that can be done?
Cheers

Conor
os
You're running up against the extremely limited resolution of MIDI CCs.

You could set your offsets with an instance of SW DC inserted after the Voice Controller. Then you can MIDI automate the "Out -1 > 1" parameter, and manual trim it using the Multiplier parameter.
seepaxton
I thought as much. thank you for the suggestion, will get cracking on that later.
cheers
conor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1