MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tone2 Gladiator & Harmonic Content Morphing Synthesis
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author tone2 Gladiator & Harmonic Content Morphing Synthesis
mt3
I dig this synth.
Anyone have technical info or insight on Harmonic Content Morphing Synthesis (HCM) it employs?
astrodislocate
I've never used it (personally the way tone2 advertises their products always seemed kinda sketchy to me, so I've avoided them) so maybe I'm a bit less of a help than others, but it looks and sounds like it's might be using a collection of different spectral convolution algorithms to morph between waveforms in various ways. I'm not super knowledgeable on FFT though, so I can't really say much else.
Gribs
The synth applies mathematical transformations to a sonogram for an input wave to make a new sonogram. I asked Tone2 for more info a long time ago and they were not willing to share, but I managed to figure out the idea. It is the only Tone2 synth I own. The company is not particularly good at providing the technical behind their more far-out synths but really good at marketing hyperbole. That doesn't mean their products are no good. On the contrary, the sounds I have heard are different and interesting. Learning to use their products is an exercise in trial and error.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1