MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New NIN Horsecock?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author New NIN Horsecock?
albiedamned
The final 7+ minutes of the final track on the new NIN EP is a 3 bar loop repeated over and over with ever increasing distortion. I don't have an RK2 anymore, but from what I recall, I think it sounds like it. Does anyone else think this is an RK2 at work? The track is below; the looping starts at 4:06.

metasonix
Possible although this is a lot more extreme than an RK2 by itself. They probably used 2 or more extreme-distorters in series.

(hope that track annoys the hell out of some whinging goth nitwits....maybe we should put an "Add Violence" control on a future product.)
sloth713
metasonix wrote:
maybe we should put an "Add Violence" control on a future product.)

better yet an "Increase Violence" control
albiedamned
metasonix wrote:
(hope that track annoys the hell out of some whinging goth nitwits

It is a bit masturbatory to professionally record and release a song where you just slowly turn up a distortion knob over the same repeating loop for 7 minutes.
x-zero-x
Possibly Trent combined and layered a couple of things together to achieve those sounds which he is notorious for. As for 7 minutes of slowly distorting a loop seems kind of long and monotonous. If they had shorten it up a bit I believe it would have been a great ending to that EP.

That would be awesome if you make an "add violence" control to another one of your creations, Eric.
snakejaw
I'm happy if Metasonix get additional business by Trent using the products. But for God's sake, NIN is the most corporate, posing, industrial-dance klub, rich dood fakers to come down the pike. A better example of the spectacle is hard to find. Sorry. I know the greatest sin these days is to be "mean". But like the scorpion said to the frog, I just couldn't help myself.

Dancing Star spinning Dancing Star spinning Dancing Star
mt3
Admins, please change thread title to the technically accurate "New NIH Cock".
Note this technically then ventures into pony territory. Nine is for beginning equestrians.
FatRocky
i think he has all the TM and old TX boxes
hairychris
albiedamned wrote:
metasonix wrote:
(hope that track annoys the hell out of some whinging goth nitwits

It is a bit masturbatory to professionally record and release a song where you just slowly turn up a distortion knob over the same repeating loop for 7 minutes.

I dunno, he's done some amusing remixes in the past that have used this sort of thing.

Trolling-as-art is definitely a thing, and some good stuff can come out of it. Case in point: Sunn O)))
snakejaw
May I recommend something a little more melodic

mt3
snakejaw wrote:
May I recommend something a little more melodic

Reminds me of Elton John (dead princess with Paul Weller mod toupee years) with a little bit of Laura Branigan ("Ti Amo" non pub dialect year).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1