MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bbd triple chorus / ensemble
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author bbd triple chorus / ensemble
rauch
i'm looking for a vintage sounding triple chorus. string machine style. best non diy option i found so far is the elkorus. a little pricey though. pedal / desktop prefered. any suggestions? also open for a digital emulation if it has some grit. (hardware only)
chvad
Try out the Valhalla DSP Ubermod
rauch
thanks but i'm looking for hardware only
chvad
ugh sorry about that. I too have been looking for hardware unsuccessfully. The Ubermod is the only thing ive come across that made me feel nice lol. I'd LOVE some hardware for this though
BugBrand
If you (or a friend) can DIY then RandomSource still has some old Haible Triple Chorus boards:::
http://jhaible.com/legacy/triple_chorus/triple_chorus.html
http://randomsource.net/haible/vintage

May be hard to find the delay chips...
I built two 10 years ago or so as pedals - seemed to be well appreciated.
rauch
yeah i'm aware of the haible but unfortunately i'm not that good with the iron and i have no friends hihi
rauch
baloran triko is another option but currently sold out and even more expensive than the elkorus.

guess i have to bite the bullet and get the elkorus or wait for strymon, catalinbread, oto etc to make one seriously, i just don't get it
chvad
rauch wrote:
yeah i'm aware of the haible but unfortunately i'm not that good with the iron and i have no friends hihi

lol ditto!
pulse_divider
Fairly rare and out of production for 30+ years, but if you can be patient you should watch for one of these on eBay/reverb
http://www.modezero.com/mti-ensemble.htm
rauch
thanks, i know this one. i think it was made by crumar. sounds great but yeah rare as hen's teeth.
MindMachine
How about a mult and three chorus pedals (extra noise for free)?

Seriously, it would be an interesting experiment to hear various units or combos of units in series or parallel.

Elk sounds so good:
http://wutierson.com/en/news/94-elkorus-v3
rauch
but 3 bbd chorus pedals would probably cost the same and i don't even know if it works hmmm.....

reminder to myself: never sell my logan string melody!

hm would be nice to have an ext input for the logan chorus.
rauch
does anyone know something about the wersi voice rotor string chorus?
Happyanimal
rauch wrote:
baloran triko is another option but currently sold out and even more expensive than the elkorus.

guess i have to bite the bullet and get the elkorus or wait for strymon, catalinbread, oto etc to make one seriously, i just don't get it

Have been looking at these too. They are always "sold out". You need to place an order and then you get it in 4-6 weeks.
rauch
[quote="Happyanimal"]Have been looking at these too. They are always "sold out". You need to place an order and then you get it in 4-6 weeks.[/quote]

good to know thanks!
Laughing
Would you be willing to pay someone in the build threads to build you a JH Triple Chorus? I've been wanting to build one myself for some time, it sounds sublime.
ndkent
There does seem to be a lack of them. Considering Behringer built that dirt cheap Dimension C pedal copy with their Cool Audio BBDs, one should be able to do a modern analog triple chorus, not to say the Dimension C/D is the solina sound, it's not, but they both use multiple BBDs

The Solina and clones - which would be the MTI, Elkorus and Jurgen Haible PCBs use rare old Phillips BBD chips

rauch wrote:
thanks, i know this one. i think it was made by crumar. sounds great but yeah rare as hen's teeth.

MTI ADL 100 - yeah, have one. I think one can luck out in that while rare its clunky sized and not well known so might be reasonably priced if actually found. You are stuck with one fixed speed Solina sound + one higher speed more vibrato mode.

The cool thing about the Elkorus is you have all the parameters and can even use each of the phase related LFOs as modulation for something external.
rauch
uli announced a juno chorus clone and a vp330 clone! so maybe we can talk him in to making a standalone triple chorus SlayerBadger! is he a wiggler too?!
Laughing
Quote:
The Solina and clones - which would be the MTI, Elkorus and Jurgen Haible PCBs use rare old Phillips BBD chips

The Jurgen Haible PCB's use TDA1022, which are not as rare as some people seem to put out... Small Bear, Banzai, and a larger distributor Kynix all have them. I ordered 10 at $5 a piece a year or 2 ago and still have them kicking around for when I can figure out a circuit to breadboard BBD's into.
rauch
Happyanimal wrote:
Have been looking at these too. They are always "sold out". You need to place an order and then you get it in 4-6 weeks.

unfortunately they won't make any more units waah
grenert
I found the MTI chorus very finicky with levels. The original Elkorus was reported to have similar problems but they claimed to have solved that by v3. I agree. The v3 has been good with a variety of signal levels.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1