MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Nebulae v2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Nebulae v2
Qu-Bit Electronix
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Does it do sound on sound recording/overdubs with the input audio?

Yes. It will be able to do sound on sound, or destructive overdub recording.
More videos and feature overviews will be coming soon as we near release. Let us know any questions or feature requests and we'll respond!
R.U.Nuts
Thanks for the info!
ersatzplanet
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Let us know any questions or feature requests and we'll respond!

Is the unit AC coupled? I use stereo WAV players now and sometimes use one channel for the loop and the other channel for a "beep" track to derive synchronized gates from, that stay in time with the loop. I have to use "beep" tracks and a Envelope follower with gate extraction to get the gates because they are AC coupled, and it would be nice if I could just record gates directly. I know this is a quite obscure use case, but thought I would ask anyway.
Funky40
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:

how´s the capabilitys to mangle live audio stream with the new Nebulae ?
not seen anything in any Demo in this regard......or i missed it.

VERY excited for this Module !
in fact my personal hiliight of this Namm, and more so, from all samplers in euro i saw, exactly what i allways wanted to get my hands on.

ersatzplanet wrote:
I know this is a quite obscure use case, but thought I would ask anyway.

no obscure usecase.
totally pro. thats how euro is ticking, and where yer DAW has to bail out ? and any MPC , etc., not ?
Cobramatic
ersatzplanet wrote:
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:

Is the unit AC coupled? I use stereo WAV players now and sometimes use one channel for the loop and the other channel for a "beep" track to derive synchronized gates from, that stay in time with the loop. I have to use "beep" tracks and a Envelope follower with gate extraction to get the gates because they are AC coupled, and it would be nice if I could just record gates directly. I know this is a quite obscure use case, but thought I would ask anyway.

This is a genius idea James!
Thanks for sharing.
It is obvious when you think about it but that's such a great way to get specific syncing with events in your loop, particularly when mangling the loop in various ways.
I use a Phonogene which obviously is only mono and could not do that trick - but I'm watching the Nebulae 2 closely to possibly upgrade.
This feature would be awesome for me.
g0lem
ersatzplanet wrote:
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:

Not really that obscure. I'd like to know if any outs other than the EOS pulse out are DC-Coupled.

One could do some interesting PD sequencing if that were the case.
bobdylan
Funky40 wrote:
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:

how´s the capabilitys to mangle live audio stream with the new Nebulae ?
not seen anything in any Demo in this regard......or i missed it.

This is something I'm wondering about too! Can it do things like live pitched echo or reversed echo without recording something into the buffer? Similar to how Clouds handles incoming audio? It'll be a no brainer for me if it has good live input capabilities. love love love
tom moody
Comparing it V.1, I see the midi port is missing. Also, in the video I watched he didn't mention One Shot Mode. I wonder if it's still available.
Latency is an issue for me with V.1. There was some discussion back then regarding "streaming from the USB" vs "loading it all into RAM" having an impact on latency. I wonder how V.2 handles it...
ersatzplanet
tom moody wrote:
Comparing it V.1, I see the midi port is missing. Also, in the video I watched he didn't mention One Shot Mode. I wonder if it's still available.
Latency is an issue for me with V.1. There was some discussion back then regarding "streaming from the USB" vs "loading it all into RAM" having an impact on latency. I wonder how V.2 handles it...

The original Nebulae never streamed from the USB, it has always been from memory. Streaming from memory will always be faster than from the media.
That is why there was a maximum wave length and you had a load time fore the stick when you booted up. This new version has a newer Processor board than the first version so the latency may be less too.
Funky40
???
answers from the HQ
???
Qu-Bit Electronix
Quote:
Is the unit AC coupled?

Yes, it is AC coupled. The reason for this is that the codec we're using specifies DC blocking caps in the data sheet and in our experience has improved the audio quality.

Quote:
Can it do things like live pitched echo or reversed echo without recording something into the buffer? Similar to how Clouds handles incoming audio? It'll be a no brainer for me if it has good live input capabilities.

In addition to file playback, overdub buffer recording, and one shot mode, there is also a live processing mode that allows the granularization of incoming audio without recording direct to a buffer.
Also, we will be developing and supporting alternate firmware files. This will allow for any unique instrument design via Pure Data, SuperCollider, and Csound. (Or even a bare bones C program)!

Quote:

Also, in the video I watched he didn't mention One Shot Mode. I wonder if it's still available.

One shot mode is still present and has been re designed for the new interface. Latency has been substantially improved and can now function as a drum machine in time with the rest of your system. V2 loads all files into memory.
ersatzplanet
I just saw a posting where someone has made a program that converts Nord Modular G2 patches into CSound patches. I doubt that they would run on this, but it will be one thing to try out for sure.
Mirrorad
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Quote:
Is the unit AC coupled?

Yes, it is AC coupled. The reason for this is that the codec we're using specifies DC blocking caps in the data sheet and in our experience has improved the audio quality.

Quote:
Can it do things like live pitched echo or reversed echo without recording something into the buffer? Similar to how Clouds handles incoming audio? It'll be a no brainer for me if it has good live input capabilities.

In addition to file playback, overdub buffer recording, and one shot mode, there is also a live processing mode that allows the granularization of incoming audio without recording direct to a buffer.
Also, we will be developing and supporting alternate firmware files. This will allow for any unique instrument design via Pure Data, SuperCollider, and Csound. (Or even a bare bones C program)!

Quote:

Also, in the video I watched he didn't mention One Shot Mode. I wonder if it's still available.

One shot mode is still present and has been re designed for the new interface. Latency has been substantially improved and can now function as a drum machine in time with the rest of your system. V2 loads all files into memory.

I'm ready to pre-order now. Please, take my money we're not worthy
bobdylan
Yep, I'm sold. Hand me the link. applause
Funky40
thanks for the feedback @ qu´bit.
very excited for this module.
hope you ship fast to switzerland, and not months later

edit: nevertheless, i totally would like to see some footage with the Nebulae-II doing some livesignal mangling
bobdylan
oops [delete this]

d'oh!
strangegravity
...... take my money
Mashmore
I too would like to give you funds!
g0lem
Mashmore wrote:

Perfect Circuit is doing pre-orders!
Mashmore
g0lem wrote:
Mashmore wrote:

Good to know... but i will say this about perfect circuit preorders... they take preorders even if they aren't allocated any modules. I learned this the hard way with the folktek alters. preordered months in advance of the release and they got zero modules.

Let the record show: at the end of the day perfect circuit has been great to me in terms of service. This is just a word of warning in regards to preorders.
dooj88
Mashmore wrote:
g0lem wrote:
Mashmore wrote:

Good to know... but i will say this about perfect circuit preorders... they take preorders even if they aren't allocated any modules. I learned this the hard way with the folktek alters. preordered months in advance of the release and they got zero modules.

Let the record show: at the end of the day perfect circuit has been great to me in terms of service. This is just a word of warning in regards to preorders.

that's good to know, but delivery is ultimately is in the hands of the supplier, not the retailer. per-orders are a sign of good faith between the vendor and the company to deliver in a timely manner.

qu-bit is a bit larger and have been around longer, and therefore i would think more reliable in terms of delivering product.
Mashmore
dooj88 wrote:
Mashmore wrote:
g0lem wrote:
Mashmore wrote:

that's good to know, but delivery is ultimately is in the hands of the supplier, not the retailer. per-orders are a sign of good faith between the vendor and the company to deliver in a timely manner.

qu-bit is a bit larger and have been around longer, and therefore i would think more reliable in terms of delivering product.

I totally agree. Most of the time this is THE case no doubt. But for me it’s a poor decision to just collect money. They don’t even know if they are getting any of the first run of modules, second,they seem to not know.but according to them and their site it will arrive “soon”.

They are just selling tickets to wait in line. All I guess I’m saying is be careful. You could save yourself a lot of wait time buying direct or at time of release from whomever has an allocated amount or has them in stock.

Either way!!! The new nebulae looks fooking ace!!!!
phobik
Qu-Bit Electronix wrote:
Quote:
Is the unit AC coupled?

Quote:

Quote:

Is the unit running a pd patch/is the patch editable or will it only take pd patches with the new bootloader being developed?
22tape
love
Tonefloat01
thumbs up I’m excited to see that the Nebulae 2 is finally about to ship but I’d like to see the mentioned promise of a robust library of Csound and Pd that a user can download to the unit appear before ponying up for a pre-order.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 44, 45, 46  Next [all]
Page 3 of 46