MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Songs of the Rain and Urban Decay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Songs of the Rain and Urban Decay
VauxFlores
So for some reason I've found myself being fairly prolific ala recording for the past year or so, even going as far as starting a small net label of sorts to feature the work of select friends and I but somehow completely neglected to actually post any of the stuff here - my apologies, been a little busy in the real world lately. The joys of juggling parenting, music, academic stuff, building instruments, etcetc. Hoping to rectify that. Or at least send out a post every couple months, because what's the point of recording experimental synth music if you're not then sharing it in one of the few forums where people may actually care about it, yeah? So here we go - a new one from me - Songs of the Rain and Urban Decay. The general theme: these are improvisations recorded over a couple sessions this spring in my current home-port of Baltimore, usually when its raining, which was purely coincidental, as opposed to thematic. Instruments used are primarily home-built pedals and table-top boxes, as well as microtonal-tuned digital synths recorded in Logic. Here they be:

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1099219897 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

Here's two more for anyone interested:

1.) Ruidobello - Mare Island: Field recordings from Mare Island, Ca., mixed with Serge, Arp and VauxFlores synths:

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=3411741219 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]

2.) Headboggle - Music for PC: SF Buchla aficionado plays the piano, mostly.

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1659729078 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
lisa
Listened to the first two tracks. Very much of a "in a not so distant future", after the apocalypse, urban djungle type of sound. Great! love
VauxFlores
Many thanks!

Not quite so sure how I ever got into the line of composing "non-utopian future music" (otherwise described by friends and family alike as tracks that either sound like the soundtracks to Japanese horror films or like an oscillating fan in the middle of an abandoned warehouse), but happy to know folks like it.

All the best,

t.
VauxFlores
Another couple tracks from my neck of the woods - not to completely hijack a thread with over-posting every little thing I've recorded - I just happen to be at a point where I'm trying to finish up a bunch of projects before diving into some new stuff. These took about 13 years to pull together with some stuff recorded in 2004, other stuff in 2014 and finally tossed together and punctuated with the Euro system earlier this year. Anyhoo, here's the link for those interested in the usual semi-ambient kind of noisy jams I does do.

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=3414597725 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
VauxFlores
Not exactly sure why, but somehow I made a "music video" for one of these tracks. For those that enjoy watching sound in moving picture format or something.

BenA718
Cool stuff!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1