MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BEMI 208 knob replacement
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author BEMI 208 knob replacement
jesselucas
I'm trying to replace the 200e knobs on a BEMI 208 with Rogans. It looks straight forward except the fine tune pots seem to flipped compared to the others. The other pots have the flat edge on the opposite side, which has been great as a flat edge for the Rogan's screw.

For those with Rogans on your BEMI 208, how did you attach them to the fine knobs? Does the 208 need a special set of Rogans?
TMortigan
I can help you with that. I changed out my 208E knobs for Davies knobs after I used the Rogan ones. You need a very very small flat head screwdriver. I got a little Stanley mini five piece screw set for $5 at Target. The smallest Screwdriver in there is what I use to change out the Rogan ones. You can also use them on certain guitar and bass pedals. Super easy to change out. If you would like pics PM me and. I can walk you through a little trick I learned.

PS: any chance you are getting rid of any knobs? I collect them.

Thomas
Instagram: psyclik_buchla
SoundCloud: Thomas Mortigan[/img]
granville
jesselucas wrote:
I'm trying to replace the 200e knobs on a BEMI 208 with Rogans. It looks straight forward except the fine tune pots seem to flipped compared to the others. The other pots have the flat edge on the opposite side, which has been great as a flat edge for the Rogan's screw.

For those with Rogans on your BEMI 208, how did you attach them to the fine knobs? Does the 208 need a special set of Rogans?

So, just for clarity, tightening the screw on the Rogan knob onto the flat edge of the knob spindle means the arrow on the knob is 180 degrees out?

I'm thinking about replacing my new Bemi Easel knobs with Rogans so might end up in the same boat so let me know whether you worked out a good solution..
mestlick
Yes, the fine tune knobs are 180 degrees from how you would normally install them (with the set screw going to the flat part of the pot shaft). The set screw is opposite the flat part and friction alone holds the knob from rotating.

I have changed the knobs on a BEMI 208 and they did stay in place just fine.
mutierend
I switched out my knobs for Rogans and I haven't had issues with the set screw. Just make sure that you don't overtighten it.
Anechoic
Is it comfirmed that new bemi easels dont ship with rogans no more?
InnnerSight
Anechoic wrote:
Is it comfirmed that new bemi easels dont ship with rogans no more?

No they don't.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1