MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modules with 3.5mm TRS MIDI jacks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author modules with 3.5mm TRS MIDI jacks
kay_k
help me to make the ultimate list!

Polarity Arturia: Ring: Data; Tipp Vcc
Polarity Korg: Tip: Data; Ring Vcc
Polarity non-TRS (a.k.a. MFB): Sleeve & Tip

ALM Pamela's New Workout with Expander (Output; polarity internally swap-able)
MFB Nanozwerg Pro (Input; Polarity NON-TRS!!)
MFB SER-1 Pro (Output; Polarity probably NON-TRS too)
LPZW.modules WK3 (Input/Thru; Polarity auto/switchable)
LPZW.modules SCHLEUßIG (Input; Polarity auto)
Erica Synths Drum Sequencer (Input; unknown)
Five12 Vector (I/O; unknown)
SDS Digital WifiMidi (Output; Korg-ish)
SDS SDS_VCO (Input behind panel; User configurable))
SDS Reflex LiveLoop (Input behind panel; user switchable)
SSF Bantam (Input; unknown)
Soulsby AT-Arp (Input; unknown)
Malekko SYNC (I/O/Thru; Arturia)
1010 Music MX4 (Input/Thru; polarity Arturia)
1010 Music fxbox/bitbox (Input; polarity Arturia)
1010 Music Toolbox (I/O; polarity Arturia)
ADDAC System ADDAC221 (I/O; Polarity Korg)
ADDAC System ADDAC222 (I/O; Polarity Korg)
Pittsburgh Modular Liveforms SV-1 (Input; Arturia)
Entrospec iungo (I/O; Polarity Korg - 2.5mm jacks!!! why, oh why? )
Flame Quad-CV-Recorder (Input; Arturia)
Flame 4Vox new version (Input; Arturia)
Twisted Electrons Crazy8 Beats (i/o unknown) - also standalone
Pittsburgh Electronic Sequence Designer 128 (I/O; Arturia)
Zetaohm FLXS1 (I/O; Korg)
VPME.de trig31 (Out Arturia)
Dreadbox Lil' Erebus (In, Korg?)
Analog Solutions Treadstone Eurorack (In, unknown)

Non Modular:

- Make Noise 0-Coast (In; Polarity Korg)
- Korg Electribe 2/Sampler (I/O; Polarity Korg)
- Korg SQ-1 (Ou; Polarity Korg)
- Arturia Beatstep (Out) & BS Pro (I/O; Polarity Arturia)
- Novation Launchpad Pro (I/O; Polarity Arturia?)
- Novation Circuit (I/O; Polarity Arturia?)
- Novation Circuit Mono Station (I/O & Thru; Polarity Arturia?)
- Faderfox SC4 (I/O; Arturia?)
- Twisted Electrons Acid8 (I/O unknown)
- Twisted Electrons AY3 (Input unknown)
- Twisted Electrons Crazy8 (I/O unknown)
- IK Multimedia Uno (I/O unknown)
Analog Solutions Treadstone(In, unknown)
ersatzplanet
There are also the ADDAC221 10x9 Channel CV to CC MIDI System, and the ADDAC222 4x6 Voices 1V/Octave to MIDI Notes that use TRS MIDI jacks which apparently use the Korg standard.
kay_k
ersatzplanet wrote:
There are also the ADDAC221 10x9 Channel CV to CC MIDI System, and the ADDAC222 4x6 Voices 1V/Octave to MIDI Notes that use TRS MIDI jacks which apparently use the Korg standard.

added to the list. Thanks!
indigoid
Pittsburgh/Lifeforms SV-1 also, I believe

Not sure which way it's connected
kay_k
indigoid wrote:
Pittsburgh/Lifeforms SV-1 also, I believe

Not sure which way it's connected

thanks!
Armstrb
SV-1 works with BSP
kay_k
Armstrb wrote:
SV-1 works with BSP
thumbs up
ADDAC System
kay_k wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

Hi! Can you please make a correction? We are called ADDAC System and we have two modules that use the Korg standard, those are the ADDAC221 and ADDAC222. Thanks!
indigoid
Sounds like a passive module to convert between the various formats (and DIN) might be worth doing. Could design it so that its PCB could fit in a small standalone case also, like Mutable Instruments CVPal

An SQ-1 is in my future so maybe this is worth doing. It would be a fairly easy piece of Eagle design work
kay_k
ADDAC System wrote:
kay_k wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

Hi! Can you please make a correction? We are called ADDAC System and we have two modules that use the Korg standard, those are the ADDAC221 and ADDAC222. Thanks!

Done! Thanks for the input!
kay_k
indigoid wrote:
Sounds like a passive module to convert between the various formats (and DIN) might be worth doing. Could design it so that its PCB could fit in a small standalone case also, like Mutable Instruments CVPal

An SQ-1 is in my future so maybe this is worth doing. It would be a fairly easy piece of Eagle design work

our WK3 is basically the active version of what you ask for.
As for the passive thing. I just had an idea this morning while sitting in the train to work - how about a little I/O plug in between. Like the Airtenuators or the 0HP stuff? should be somewhere in the 3-10€ area. depending on how many are produced. it could get waaaay lower but then it would need to become a made-in-china mass product.
I also think about making those to midi standard: LINK
(I bought one and it is not)
Roy72
Modcan touch sequencer. Not sure which standard, but it works with the BSP without messing around
kay_k
Roy72 wrote:
Modcan touch sequencer. Not sure which standard, but it works with the BSP without messing around

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modcan-touch-sequencer
is this really MIDI .. their video says 24ppq clock, the panel says sync.
Roy72
kay_k wrote:
Roy72 wrote:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modcan-touch-sequencer
is this really MIDI .. their video says 24ppq clock, the panel says sync.

Sorry, got the two confused. Carry on...
sneak-thief
Meris Mercury7 reverb pedal IO
kay_k
sneak-thief wrote:
Meris Mercury7 reverb pedal IO

ooh, that is an interesting one. do you have it?
It is not only quarter inch instead of 3.5mm it also is MIDI I/O & CV/Footpedal in one jack. I have not found out how that works from the pics and manual.
sneak-thief
Yes, the Mercury7 uses 1/4" but seeing as 3.5mm adapters are trivial, I thought I would add it here.

Yes, I have one and it's can get the closest to a 224 I've heard so far. IMHO all the other fancy 224 plugins and the BAM have ringing artifacts that sound quite different from the original.

There's a 1/4" jack that can be switched between MIDI I/O, expression pedal input, tap tempo, and preset switcher.

Here's the full manual:

https://www.meris.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Meris-Mercury7-Manual- v2.pdf
Paranormal Patroler
Iungo module is CV-to-MIDI, uses Korg specification. Also upcoming Delptronics will be changeable via software.
windspirit
indigoid wrote:

We are actually working on something but if someone beats us to it I wont be that upset. Its really just something that should exist.

Remember when all the big synth companies got together and worked out a UNIVERSAL solution to transmitting data between devices? d'oh!
kay_k
sneak-thief wrote:
Yes, the Mercury7 uses 1/4" but seeing as 3.5mm adapters are trivial, I thought I would add it here.

Yes, I have one and it's can get the closest to a 224 I've heard so far. IMHO all the other fancy 224 plugins and the BAM have ringing artifacts that sound quite different from the original.

There's a 1/4" jack that can be switched between MIDI I/O, expression pedal input, tap tempo, and preset switcher.

Here's the full manual:

https://www.meris.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Meris-Mercury7-Manual- v2.pdf

still do not understand how it is an I/O in one jack. confused
how do you connect it? and to what?
kay_k
sorry, brain patched faulty.

why can't I delete my own posts?
kay_k
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Iungo module is CV-to-MIDI, uses Korg specification. Also upcoming Delptronics will be changeable via software.

added ..
kay_k
So I just had one of those ideas you get when you have something important to do but you rather let your head drift somewhere else:

it's just two Thonk PJ3410 soldered together as passive gender changer. Easy as f**k
Paranormal Patroler
The solution is easy, which means that the problem is stupid to begin with. ~sigh~
kay_k
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
The solution is easy, which means that the problem is stupid to begin with. ~sigh~

Dead Banana

absolutely. someone has fucked this up for us. let's find him!
hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3