MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland Boutique TR-08. thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Roland Boutique TR-08. thoughts?
Chopper
well...
Google Translation:

Roland TR-08 Drum Computer

The TR-08 from Roland is an extremely detailed and original reproduction of the legendary TR-808 - the most famous and most influential drum machine ever. The "808" has changed the sound of the music monumentally and defined whole genre. Beloved by musicians and producers around the world, the Roland TR-808 is one of the most sought-after electronic musical instruments ever. With the TR-08, Roland transports the look, the sound and the feeling of the original 808 with impressive care into the in-house boutique format. The TR-08 combines detail and respect for the original with modern operating comfort and maximum reliability.

''Ultra-compact reinterpretation of the legendary TR-808 drum machine
Preserves the sound, character and the user interface of the original TR-808
Hand-on control including tone, level, tuning and decay
New: Compressor, Gain, Tune and Pan for selected instruments
Programmable via classic step and tap-write modes
Sequencer with 16 steps and 16 sub-steps for detailed patterns and rolls
Play Beats while you switch between the Write modes
LED screen for easy navigation and fine adjustment of tempo and shuffle
Ten separate outputs via USB audio
Separate, per-track trigger output for controlling external instruments''

xonetacular
more minature acb junk

they'll sell a lot of them though
Leviathant
Where'd you find that information, Chopper?
AdamJay
No mention of battery compartment, like was mentioned on the SH-01A

I hope that means SE-02 style Boutique , I.e. more panel space for knobs.
AdamJay
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/6s 7ohs/roland_tr08_and_sh01a_details_emerge/
geremyf
I really like my tr-09. It has batteries and an internal speaker. The Tr-08 looks like it has the exact same specs.
miminashi
This "additional audio outputs over USB" bullshit needs to stop. If a device requires a computer connection to be fully functional it might as well just be a plug-in.
Michael O.
I'm ambivalent about the specs because I'm not in the market for this sort of thing, but, while I understand it follows the established nomenclature of the series, this name will cause some confusion alongside the TR-8
rohelineoun
I've recorded plenty using just the mono master output on the TR-808. Sure individual outputs can be useful or lead to further creativity but the lack of them shouldn't be help against a budget drummer. For this and the TR-09, I'd of preferred to have a master out and one assignable out instead of an audio in but the fact remains that if these had been announced ten years ago, I would have lost my mind. We are truly spoiled.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Chopper wrote:
well...
Google Translation:

Roland TR-08 Drum Computer

The TR-08 from Roland is an extremely detailed and original reproduction of the legendary TR-808 - the most famous and most influential drum machine ever. The "808" has changed the sound of the music monumentally and defined whole genre. Beloved by musicians and producers around the world, the Roland TR-808 is one of the most sought-after electronic musical instruments ever. With the TR-08, Roland transports the look, the sound and the feeling of the original 808 with impressive care into the in-house boutique format. The TR-08 combines detail and respect for the original with modern operating comfort and maximum reliability.

''Ultra-compact reinterpretation of the legendary TR-808 drum machine
Preserves the sound, character and the user interface of the original TR-808
Hand-on control including tone, level, tuning and decay
New: Compressor, Gain, Tune and Pan for selected instruments
Programmable via classic step and tap-write modes
Sequencer with 16 steps and 16 sub-steps for detailed patterns and rolls
Play Beats while you switch between the Write modes
LED screen for easy navigation and fine adjustment of tempo and shuffle
Ten separate outputs via USB audio
Separate, per-track trigger output for controlling external instruments''

you do know that details where this originally came from are all fake. that audio electric website based in germany is all cut/paste stuff. roland haven't released any such details regarding 101/808 boutiques yet.
Diabolik!
Roland posted a ton of 101 pics on their Instagram stories today, i'm sure the announcement on that is coming. Wouldn't be surprised if an 808 boutique released on Aug 8 (8/08) shows up in the morning too.
MrTurboparrot
The 808 boutique is now featured on the instagram page, along with the SH-101 boutique. It's legit.
Chopper
answering my own question: damn... it sounds better than the TR8.... far better hats and kick. closer to the original....
still i wouldn't trade my expended tr8 for it, as the extra kits are a major plus of course, but they defo got the sound in the one...
Richjk7
if it looks more authentic, surely it must sound more authentic! Dead Banana
Jim's computer beats
I've been having unusual amount of fun with the TR-09 and TB-03. I don't care about analog vs digital... I can't really tell the difference between those and the originals, so that's more than good enough for me. Count me in for a TR-08.
miles_macquarrie
miles_macquarrie
miles_macquarrie
Sounds good looks good, I'll get one.
TechForze
I really want an A/B comparison between the Aria TR-8 vs Boutique TR-08/09.
mateo
Michael O. wrote:
I'm ambivalent about the specs because I'm not in the market for this sort of thing, but, while I understand it follows the established nomenclature of the series, this name will cause some confusion alongside the TR-8

Eh, there's already a TB-3 and a TB-03. Roland has never been shy about reusing model numbers
stalfosia
TR-08 sounds pretty damn good!
umma gumma
apparently Aug 8 is officially "808 day"??

if so, happy 808 day wink
Numanoid92
Sounds great, maybe more authentic than the TR-8? anyway i'll probably buy it.

Next year i hope 606 day.. i would love a 606 boutique
crm114
What a great concept! Looks like the 808 sounds are going to have yet another resurgence! I wonder if this would over saturate the market....
rowsbywoof
The attention to detail is nuts in that. It's pretty much a perfect replica of an 808 in diminutive size. I have a TR-808 and I still want a TR-08 to sit next to it. hihi

I'll snag one of these when the holiday sales start rolling in.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7