MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 + ES-6 hook-up question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 + ES-6 hook-up question
TommyRaddcliff
got an ES-6 to expand my ES-8, connected the 10pin connection on the back. no audio. connected the ADAT connection as well as the 10pin and i now get audio.

is this hook-up correct?
theres no mention in the manual to connect the ADAT as well as the 10pin.

any extra info would be great. OS is out till end of august.

thanks
os
That's correct - you need to connect both.
TommyRaddcliff
thank you!

i thought you were on vacation....get back to relaxin'!
everyone needs their time off.

but much appreciated.
thanks.
TommyRaddcliff
one more question...

im getting audio fine through the ES-6 into Logic [expansion to ES-8].

but in Reaktor, i can only route the 4 analogue inputs from the ES-8, [only 4 analogue inputs show] then i can route 2 ADAT from the ES-6 into Reaktor. i see 8 possible ADAT input connections, but only the first 2 werk.

can i not use all 6 inputs on the ES-6 in to Reaktor?

thanks

adding: noticing this as well...the inputs dont have anything patched into them.
but there is something registering. wondering if im hooked up okay, or if this is an issue.
again: audio in to logic is fine, inputs to reaktor only show the 4 analogue from es-8, and 8 adat ins, 1 adat pair from es-6 werk, the remaining two pairs dont werk.

its actually looking like the ES-6 is not recognized by Reaktor. this would be an issue as that is the main reason i picked it up.
any help sorting this out would be greatly appreciated. thanks

last note: the input dont seem consistent. tested the audio ins from the ES-6 putting a mono kick into each pair
- first pair strong signal, one channel is louder that the other. peaks L: -7.9, R: -12
- second pair signal is much lower, one channel is slightly louder. peaks L: -13, R: -15
- third pair strong signal both channels carry the same level. peaks L: -7.3, R: -7.3

for comparison the ES-8 inputs
- first pair level and strong, L and R peak at -7.3
- second pair level and strong, L and R peak at -7.3

is there a preferred setting somewhere to help with this? [sorry for long post and lots of questions]

audio/midi setup

reaktor routing

summary:
LOGIC: all ins and outs werk. the ES-6 has varying levels per channel
REAKTOR: does not seem to see the ES-6
TommyRaddcliff
Bump!
lionelfischer
i'm not sure because it looks like it might be more extreme than dc offset, but each channel has it's own small dc offset. you can correct it with silent way i think, but i just deal with it later, or do dc offset removal in logic. never really bothers me or affects any of the work i'm doing with the es3+es8+es6. i think my offsets are smaller though.
TommyRaddcliff
re -Bump!

hoping to get eyes on this.
TommyRaddcliff
lionelfischer wrote:
i'm not sure because it looks like it might be more extreme than dc offset, but each channel has it's own small dc offset. you can correct it with silent way i think, but i just deal with it later, or do dc offset removal in logic. never really bothers me or affects any of the work i'm doing with the es3+es8+es6. i think my offsets are smaller though.

all in/outs on my ES-8 are identical, 2 ins on the ES-6 match the ES-8. but the remaining 4 are wildly different.

BAD when I'm using it for audio. -12db is pretty off.
i would expect it to be slightly off if not dead on. but these are pretty off.
I'm hoping there is a calibration....OR that this is just an issue with say a few mods and this can be fixed or replaced.
TommyRaddcliff
hoping for some info from ZZZ
os
There's nothing that could meant that Reaktor doesn't see the ES-6 specifically. As far as the OS is concerned the ES-8 always has 12 inputs. It makes no difference whether anything is actually connected to the ADAT inputs.

Is it possible that Reaktor is limited to 16 input channels? Then 12 from the MOTU and 4 from the ES-8 would be 16.
TommyRaddcliff
you can disregard the reaktor question...
for WHATEVER reason...the extra inputs started working.
i knew there was the extra ADAT ins from the ES-8, i was just wondering why there wasn't more...the ES-6 should be added to that?

im most concerned about the different levels.
os
Are we having a parallel conversation on email?
TommyRaddcliff
we are smile....

lets kill this one. i wanted to get yer eyes on those pics.

>>>>END OF LINE<<<<
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1