MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midibox at Modular Addict
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Midibox at Modular Addict
Altitude909
http://modularaddict.com/manufacturer/midibox

Hopefully this will breath some new life and get some new people in. Great projects. I have a Aout Euro module (8 CV/8 Gate/8 Triggers/8 clocks with a line driver) that I never released that I'll send to john, makes for a great interface between the Core and the euro world
sammy123
Nice! That is definitely something I would be interested in once I build my sequencer. SlayerBadger!
fuzzbass
Is someone reissuing SIDs? Putting eight old ones on a board is going to consume a lot of power, make a lot of heat, cost $$$$$, and possibly deplete worldwide available inventory.
Altitude909
fuzzbass wrote:
Is someone reissuing SIDs? Putting eight old ones on a board is going to consume a lot of power, make a lot of heat, cost $$$$$, and possibly deplete worldwide available inventory.

Swinsid work well..
windspirit
Pretty happy about this as I have wanted to build a MIDIbox seq v4 for awhile now and forgot about it. I know that it supports CV/ gate outs directly but does anyone know if it is possible to configure the sequencer for gate INputs to allow for external analog clocks and resets? I know that MIDIbox is supposed to be highly configurable so if I wanted to do it I could just "figure it out" but it would be nice to know if someone else has already done it successfully.
jarvis
this is great news!

now if we can just make the MIDIBox documentation a little more approachable...!
beautyofdecay_
Great news indeed!
Got most of the PCBs but was waiting for a new run of the MIDIbox SEQ V4 PCB. A nice fall/winter project...
julian
I should spam this thread up on two levels....

For Non-US residents, i stock panels for the mbseq and mb6582...

...but its looking like I'm also going to be sending some over to John for the modular addict site too, which should work out cheaper for US buyers.

Examples below -

cnicht
It's probably a 'ball of string' question but does anyone have an approximate costing for a MIDIbox Seq4?
Altitude909
cnicht wrote:
It's probably a 'ball of string' question but does anyone have an approximate costing for a MIDIbox Seq4?

$700
cnicht
Thank you - very interesting
julian
The mb6582 boards have been out of stock for so long...

I have just listed 5-off the panel sets in my "shop" at about half the cost of FPD units, so, if anyone is sitting on the fence regarding a build... now is your moment! : )

Here's a more descriptive link -

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2629135

Thank you.
bemerritt
Well after a long night of reading very old pages, forums, blogs etc, I think I almost have my mind wrapped around this.

Definitely buying into the fact that modular addict is now supporting this project now and into the future. Still trying to figure out exactly what pcbs are needed for CV but i might start just with the control board, core board and a midi board to get going.

Id love to wait for the v4+, if that ever materializes, but i'm gonna jump in and at least start to peel back the layers and learn the system now.

Never been a better time to finally build this, so someone here should join me and bounce things off of each other.
Eric the Red
I've been thinking about it - but I have so many other projects in queue. I'd hate to have another PCB just sitting there.
bemerritt
All 5 pcbs and parts arriving this week. Gonna be a solid weekend.

Now hoping that modular addict starts stocking boards for the massive 16x16 grids. They did hint that this was only the beginning....
loderbast
Altitude909 wrote:
I have a Aout Euro module (8 CV/8 Gate/8 Triggers/8 clocks with a line driver) that I never released that I'll send to john, makes for a great interface between the Core and the euro world

sounds great. any more info on that one? i am in the process of adding cv/gate outs to my seq v4.i have all the pcbs here already but haven't decided if i'll build it as a separate box or as a module.
is your project just a pcb that mounts to a frontpanel and gets connected to the normal midibox pcbs(aout_ng/dout/line driver reciever) or is it a "all in one" kind of deal that directly connects to the line driver?
bemerritt
I would be very interested as well.
Altitude909
http://midibox.org/forums/topic/19669-aout-euro-prototype-1/#comment-1 71291
julian
bemerritt wrote:

Can i ask you what 5 pcbs you purchased?

Im having some trouble working out what is required.

Im thinking -

1-off control surface
1-off stmf4 core
2-off MIDIbox MIDI I/O PCB

Im wondering what your 5th board is, and if i am about to order the wrong items?
bemerritt
julian wrote:
bemerritt wrote:

Can i ask you what 5 pcbs you purchased?

Im having some trouble working out what is required.

Im thinking -

1-off control surface
1-off stmf4 core
2-off MIDIbox MIDI I/O PCB

Im wondering what your 5th board is, and if i am about to order the wrong items?

MIDIbox DIGITAL OUT (DOUT) PCB MID-DOUTXX-PCB 1 $6.99
MIDIbox Core STM32F4 PCB MID-CORSTM-PCB 1 $9.99
MIDIbox AOUT_NG PCB MID-AOUTNG-PCB 1 $8.99
MIDIbox SEQ V4 PCB MID-SEQV4X-PCB 1 $34.99
MIDIbox MIDI I/O PCB MID-MIDIIO-PCB 1 $6.99

Thats what I ordered. With full intention of this integrating with Eurorack primarily.

Side note: I was planning on talking to you once i need a custom panel. Plan is to mount this inside a box, possibly pelican case, with the midi and analog ins/outs on the same panel. Once I get it up in running, will definitely be in contact.
julian
Nice, thank you.

Where you planning on mounting the aout and dout modules in the euro system, in a way akin to altitudes module linked to above, or in the case with the sequencer?
Altitude909
I should stress the fact that unless you plan on actually racking your seq, youll want the line drivers, the length limit on those serial lines is pretty short
julian
Altitude909 wrote:
I should stress the fact that unless you plan on actually racking your seq, youll want the line drivers, the length limit on those serial lines is pretty short

Thank you. Just sold out on the forum....

(im thinking it can be added easy enough post-build though?)
bemerritt
ya, saw the line drivers, couldn't find pcb's so i figured id try without. Plan on having euro within a foot of the seq4 for now.

i was considering breaking out the serial connection to separate jacks similar to the beatstep pro, right where I am planning on mounting the sequencer. Hence a custom panel.

But all of this is hinging on getting one in front of me and seeing how i like using it. I think line drivers and a euro panel make the most sense long term.
windspirit
I might throw the line drivers into my next PCB order, Ill have some extras so if you need one (and preferably live in the states) PM me and I can send one to you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3