MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCV: Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author VCV: Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW
Vortico
Announcing https://vcvrack.com/

VCV is designed to be a complete DAW for creating modular synthesizer compositions, or as an extension of your existing Eurorack system for trying new modules using an audio interface for audio and CV.

The first Beta release will be available for download in September 2017 and will include 25+ modules, including original designs in collaboration with Grayscale and ports from Mutable, Befaco, and Synthesis Technology.

Check out the VCV booth at Knobcon!
mt3
"in collaboration with Grayscale".

Hmmm, you've piqued my curiosity. You need to set up a mailing list for announcements. ASAP.
poppinger
This could be really great. I thought the E352/E370 wavetable editor was impressive, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's up with this.
mt3
poppinger wrote:
This could be really great. I thought the E352/E370 wavetable editor was impressive, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's up with this.

Link?
mt3
Is this it?
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2616859&highlight=#2 616859

Looks wow.
poppinger
mt3 wrote:
Is this it?
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2616859&highlight=#2 616859

Yeah that's the one.
peripatitis
poppinger wrote:

Is it from the same developer? If it is, it would probably be the only incentive for me to check it out. The wavetable editor seems great!
mt3
Yes, it seems to be from same devs.
JeffreyKnapp
I am really looking forward to this. Open source too! And for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Doesn't get better than that.
poppinger

Someone on Synthtopia found this other image.
gimber
Considering Grayscale's involvement, I would've expected to see his panels on those Mutable modules.
Vortico
The GUI design has updated a bit from that old screenshot, but it gives a good idea.

Grayscale might offer alternative "panels" for some plugins in the future, but it will always remain as a user choice.
Orwell
Can't wait for this open source eurorack. Great job. Are you considering a port to ISO iPad? That would be
Vortico
Orwell wrote:
Can't wait for this open source eurorack. Great job. Are you considering a port to ISO iPad? That would be

Probably not, but if there is a surprising amount of support for the desktop versions, I will consider it.
wallyp
I know I should wait and see but how different will this be to Reaktor Blocks?
gimber
wallyp wrote:
I know I should wait and see but how different will this be to Reaktor Blocks?

This looks like it patches on the front without having to change views, which would be a major improvement over Blocks.
Vortico
Some differences:

- VCV Rack is a standalone application while REAKTOR can be used as a VST/AU/AAX plugin. Some time after the beta release, I will release the VCV Bridge VST/AU plugin, which will allow other DAWs to send/receive MIDI/audio to a VCV module. And no promises, but I may later release a VCV module which actually hosts VST/AU plugins.

- The VCV SDK will be in C++ instead of a GUI editor like REAKTOR. This may be good or bad depending on your programming level.

- VCV will focus on actual Eurorack emulation, both visually and audibly. VCV will attempt to be straightforward with the names of the modules that are emulated.
wallyp
Yep, buzzing on the sound of this. Ableton Link would be useful.

Just thinking out loud here, would a diy panel of knobs putting out -+?v be routable to the internal knobs? Like a cv midi learn?
gelabs
Compiled within Debian with last Git commit.
Runs nicely, only had one bug with the save dialog which didn't want to close.
I don't know if it sounds like the real deal but I managed to make some really annoying sounds (me = noob at modular) and have a tremendous amount of fun.

That's a really great software
we're not worthy
Vortico
wallyp wrote:
would a diy panel of knobs putting out -+?v be routable to the internal knobs?

Knob MIDI learn is planned. It'll probably land in version 1.0.

I'll have to look into Ableton Link. Looks like a much better and more open standard than Rewire. VCV Bridge will come first though.
Vortico
Here's an up-to-date screenshot of the plugins you'll be able to download: "Audible Instruments", "E-Series", Befaco, and Fundamental.

Downloads should be available this Saturday (9/9/17).
heuermh
Vortico wrote:

Looking forward to it! And the link to the github repository. ;)
toitoy
https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack
wallyp
Quote:

The Lost Weekend
abhirama
I will wait for the VST version!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10