MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

dub production ala walter gibbons?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author dub production ala walter gibbons?
coolie
hi all -

i currently have this setup: 707, two synths, x0xb0x, all sequenced by mmt-8 and routed into yamaha mg/16 mixer with aux sends to reverb + delay rackmount and returning onto channels 1/2 on the mixer

i've set this all up to facilitate a dub like production style. what i'm looking for is more techniques, tips + tricks to be more creative with it. i've been listening a lot to the early walter gibbons remixes and am completely smitten with how elements come in and out unexpectedly - sort of like an early moodymann.

currently the output of my mixer goes into ableton but i'm wondering if having it go into a reel-to-reel would be better for dubbing back later? i'm not sure, really an amateur with this stuff.

would appreciate any advice at all! even some more listening material would be nice. thank you
leeski
Hi Coolie and welcome to muffs.

Some friend showed me a long time ago to dub mix thru the control room outputs.
As you can solo individual tracks thru these outputs.

Also use the FX out's into channels so you can send verb to yr delay + send delay to delay for feedback.

Feed backing the delay do some eq sweeps
High Wolf
I am surprised it seems there is no thread dedicated to Dub production techniques? At least the search engine won't give me another one. So let's hear your tricks / gear recommandations / any tip.
leeski
High Wolf wrote:
I am surprised it seems there is no thread dedicated to Dub production techniques? At least the search engine won't give me another one. So let's hear your tricks / gear recommandations / any tip.

You could even start your own thread perhaps whats the delay?
High Wolf
leeski wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

I hesitated about starting my own thread but IDK, this could do too, if OT is not against it...
coolie
High Wolf wrote:
leeski wrote:
High Wolf wrote:

I hesitated about starting my own thread but IDK, this could do too, if OT is not against it...

feel free! and link me when you do
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1